Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?  (Read 13504 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 12:47:49 pm »

What are you talking about? This is Leo Fontanette. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY CADILLACS HE MOVES? DO YOU? DO YOU?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »

For some reason my Comics Alt Text script doesn't work on Achewood starting today. That's annoying.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:52:54 pm »

For some reason this one's not on the fanflow. Maybe there are multiple technical difficulties.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 01:57:42 pm »

I do enjoy the idea that Just Punishment for a terrible person involves an arts and crafts store, though.

As subtle torture goes, a Joann's is probably right up there.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 02:07:13 pm »

I do enjoy the idea that Just Punishment for a terrible person involves an arts and crafts store, though.

As subtle torture goes, a Joann's is probably right up there.

This is a boring place!
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 06:37:24 pm »

Jesus, Onstad.  What.. what happened, man?  This is the worst thing you have ever written.  I've read more interesting warning labels on cigarette packages.  Take a vacation or something, because you truly suck right now.

P.S. Seriously. You suck.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 06:53:49 pm »

Maybe I grew up reading too many Alan Moore comics, but I didn't mind today's thing.

The baby dog thing makes me think that the rest of this isn't entirely bullshit. The baby dog thing was straight-up clever. Like one of those lateral thinking puzzles.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »

I don't understand why, when people don't like a comic, their first response is something like ONSTAD YOU SUCK YOU BEAT YOUR WIFE GO TAKE A VACATION YOU RAPED AND MURDERED A GIRL IN 1990 YOUR SUCK LEVEL IS OVER 9000 or something like that

Maybe you didn't find it funny, okay, move on

Life is short and not everything is going to tickle your aspergers gland just right every day jesus
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 07:23:54 pm »

I don't understand why, when people don't like a comic, their first response is something like ONSTAD YOU SUCK YOU BEAT YOUR WIFE GO TAKE A VACATION YOU RAPED AND MURDERED A GIRL IN 1990 YOUR SUCK LEVEL IS OVER 9000 or something like that

Maybe you didn't find it funny, okay, move on

Life is short and not everything is going to tickle your aspergers gland just right every day jesus

You suck, Ronnie Rhomboid! 

However, you do get points for the whole "tickle your aspergers gland" thing.  That's funny.  You should write a comic strip on the internet.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 07:39:25 pm »

Life is most certainly NOT short.

I have a lot of time to fill, and I'm running out of stuff to fill the spaces.
Logged

Liz

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 07:44:08 pm »

He did not address the question of what happened to Chuck Williams, Founder of Williams-Sonoma.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:26 pm »

I wonder what the real deal is with this arc?  Did he just get tired of writing it?  It's been going on for over two months and even though it's only comprised of 25 strips that's still a long time to be writing the same thing.  Does he have another idea he's jonsing to get out and so abruptly ended it so he could get on with that new thing?  Seems like if that were the case he could work on the new thing in the background while still continuing this, but I guess that's not how he works.  Did he just run out of ideas for this story?  That's possible I guess.  Was this how he envisioned the ending all along?  Seems like a lot of build up for such a meager ending. 

Today's strip seems like he's rubbing our nose in the fact that he didn't finish writing the arc.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 07:59:46 pm »

Today's strip seems like he's rubbing our nose in the fact that he didn't finish writing the arc.

He's talking to YOU Paul.  Onstad told me that he doesn't like your face and your shit's all gay.

I think you two should fight.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 08:22:28 pm »

Yeah, Paul, seriously. I am like best friends with Onstad in the whole wide world and he is helping me find the boxer shorts (ideally, new and unused) that best reflect me as a gentle soul and he told me that knowing you read his work makes it worthless.

but in all seriousness, unless there is a FIN the arc isn't over. Or maybe it is over because changing minds is a good idea. Lest we not forget the Great Outdoorsy Fight began with an arc on testicles for phones.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up