Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?  (Read 13556 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 06:04:24 am »

I just realized: I say that, and 10 minutes ago he invited himself along on my first date with a girl.

He probably wants to see it for himself when absolutely nothing happens.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 06:09:19 am »

oh man, that classic paradox.

"dude, seriously, don't you need to, um, go to bed"
"no man, i want to see you not get laid"
"but... aren't you tired, don't you want to go to sleep."
"no man, i'm totally awake. i want to see you fail to get laid."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 06:19:32 am »

I bet that is someone's fetish. I bet there is porn of people not getting laid.

I would watch it out curiosity, but I would not use it for its intended purpose, as that is not my bag.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 06:22:52 am »

I am really interested in porn that involves... people doing things that to me, have nothing to do with sex.

I would study this if I didn't worry about what my mother would think of me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 06:33:05 am »

I think that the heart of the fetish would be, hm.

It would pretty much be the opposite of watching MacGuyver.

You watch MacGuyver, you know, because every episode he's going to get into a weirder and weirder scrape and every time he'll figure out a weirder way to get out of it.

MacGuyver, you know that he's going to get out of it, that's not the point. It's wondering how the fuck he's going to pull it off.

It's not about the Daniel-not-getting-laid, that's assumed, we all know how the episode is going to end.

But how he manages to avoid the most unavoidable (shall we say, inevitable) sex in the most outlandish ways, that's the point. That's what the viewer enjoys.

Sort of a Bizarro MacGuyver thing with just a twist of Trix Rabbit on top.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2009, 06:41:04 am »

He's talking to YOU Paul.  Onstad told me that he doesn't like your face and your shit's all gay.

I think you two should fight.


if the white dont win, we all jump in.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 12:00:54 pm »

I bet that is someone's fetish. I bet there is porn of people not getting laid.

'Cuckolding'
Porn of people not only not getting laid but of someone else fuck*ng their girlfriends.
Damn if I understand it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 12:37:50 pm »

I bet that is someone's fetish. I bet there is porn of people not getting laid.


Man, that would be a really burdensome fetish to have, because hey, there's porn wherever you look.  Just turn on the TV or walk down the street and there's people not getting laid left and right.  In your office.  In the parks and on the sidewalks.  Everywhere you look, people not having sex in that special way that makes you feel all tingly.  You'd have to watch a lot of normal porn just to give yourself a rest.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 12:48:29 pm »

LFM, if you wrote that show, I would watch it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2009, 03:44:54 pm »

We would need the rights to "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" for the theme song to make it work.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2009, 03:51:25 pm »

You should probably work "Pictures of Lily" somewhere in there, too.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2009, 12:07:40 am »

so rolling stones rights

the big lebowski uses a townes van zandt stones cover at the end of that movie.  the rights to this song were owned by a stones manager or promoter or some sort, and he didn't want to give them up or was charging a ridiculous amount or whatever.  anyways, they finally got him to screen the movie, and when it got to the part were the dude is being thrown out of malibu and is in the taxi and says i hate the fuck*ng eagles the stones guy just gave them the rights.  fuck the eagles, i guess that is what i am trying to say
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2009, 03:27:21 am »

so rolling stones rights

the big lebowski uses a townes van zandt stones cover at the end of that movie.  the rights to this song were owned by a stones manager or promoter or some sort, and he didn't want to give them up or was charging a ridiculous amount or whatever.  anyways, they finally got him to screen the movie, and when it got to the part were the dude is being thrown out of malibu and is in the taxi and says i hate the fuck*ng eagles the stones guy just gave them the rights.  fuck the eagles, i guess that is what i am trying to say
For the record, that is a Townes Van Zandt cover of the Rolling Stones song Dead Flowers.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2009, 03:32:05 am »

For the record, that is a Townes Van Zandt cover of the Rolling Stones song Dead Flowers.

I understood that to be what Keith wrote.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up