Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?  (Read 13577 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2009, 04:24:01 am »

You know, I totally misread "stones cover" and thought he had written "song."
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2009, 08:08:19 pm »

I don't know a lot of people who don't hate the Eagles.

I know a lot of people who like certain individual Eagles songs but I do not know a lot of people who will actually pick up that flag.

Possibly this is a sampling error on my fault.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2009, 09:20:31 pm »

I don't know why younger people hate the Eagles.  Could the Big Lebowski be to blame?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2009, 09:36:04 pm »

I have only ever heard three four of their songs, and I like all three four of those songs.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2009, 09:44:12 pm »

There are many Eagles songs I like.  There are few I actively dislike.  There are many that I would call "ambient" in the sense that I neither notice them, nor wish to leave when they are playing.  I enjoy some of Don Henley's solo stuff (particularly Dirty Laundry).  I would have to think hard about whether I've heard the other band members solo works.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:10 pm »

because it is pretentious and boring?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »

because it is pretentious and boring?

Nah, that's not it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2009, 11:07:02 pm »

no, i think thats the problem.  especially the boring.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 11:19:19 pm »

You need to check your facts buddy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2009, 01:57:34 am »

next thing i know you're making jackson browne playlists.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2009, 05:59:28 am »

Sure, why not.  Let's throw some Dan Fogelberg into the mix as well.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2009, 07:40:20 am »

I hate the eagles because I associate them with my parents, and the other boring music they like.

I love my parents, but I do not like the music that they like. Except the Beatles and a few other exceptions.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2009, 04:40:22 pm »

I hate the eagles because I associate them with my parents

That's basically what I figured.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2009, 05:33:35 pm »

I hate the Eagles for the same reason I hate Crosby, Stills, and Nash, but I do not hate Neil Young or Joe Walsh.

It's self-satisfied, cynical 70's So-Cal rock star music by and for self-satisfied, cynical 70's So-Cal rock stars.

{Edit: "cynical" in the pejorative sense; not to be confused with a Randy Newman cynical or a Steely Dan cynical.} 

{{Yeah! Steely Dan is ALSO self-satisfied, cynical 70's So-Cal rock star music!  I admit these are very subjective distinctions.}}
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:37:35 pm by Dangermoose »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2009, 06:40:02 pm »

I'm glad that my enjoyment of the music doesn't hinge on your opinion of it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up