Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?  (Read 13578 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2009, 06:00:39 pm »

Quote
'like Van Morrison if he was signed to Disney'.

Oh man, wow. "Let it Rain" started playing in my head as I read this.

Van Morrison. Hm. Some of my friends love him, and I love him, because of exposure as a child. Others of my friends, whose parents did not listen to Van Morrison in their childhood, think that he is HORRIBLE.

Also, he wrote that song Gloria.
My roommate hates the Doors, which is weird because... I feel like I 100% understand how someone could hate the Doors, but I like them so much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2009, 06:21:52 pm »

Speaking of old men embarrassing themselves... boy, someone should really take Pearl Jam behind the barn and commit the Merciful Act on them (they have a "new" "rock" "album" out, that's why I mention)...

I hadn't heard much up until your post, but it had been mostly good. I guess it's pretty bad?

Either way I probably won't check it out. I lost interest after Vitalogy. Well, I really lost interest after Vs., because I went through this annoying phase in high school where I didn't think I could like contemporary bands that had signed to major labels. That ended when Built to Spill signed to Warner Bros., because I wasn't going to give up Built to Spill for some bullshit anti-corporate stance. But Vitalogy is the last album I really like.

Van Morrison. Hm. Some of my friends love him, and I love him, because of exposure as a child. Others of my friends, whose parents did not listen to Van Morrison in their childhood, think that he is HORRIBLE.

Astral Weeks is one of my favorite records ever. He can be pretty annoying though.

Oh and the Doors. Most of my friends with similar tastes hate them, and I get it too. But I really like LA Woman, and their first album.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2009, 09:19:41 pm »

Yeah, the doors first album is soo good.  ill take a no comment on the others.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2009, 11:41:47 pm »

Speaking of old men embarrassing themselves... boy, someone should really take Pearl Jam behind the barn and commit the Merciful Act on them (they have a "new" "rock" "album" out, that's why I mention)...

Oh, shit. I've got a story.

I hate Pearl Jam. Last week, I was listening to the radio, and I thought I was listening to Kings of Leon, who I love, but then the song ended and the DJ (is... that the right term?) said it was Pearl Jam, one of their brand new songs. I kinda blew a gasket and spend the next ten minutes attempting to rationalize my liking this song. In the end I decided that liking one of their songs wasn't a crime, and let myself off the hook.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2009, 12:02:27 am »

Oh, shit. I've got a story.

I hate Pearl Jam. Last week, I was listening to the radio, and I thought I was listening to Kings of Leon, who I love, but then the song ended and the DJ (is... that the right term?) said it was Pearl Jam, one of their brand new songs. I kinda blew a gasket and spend the next ten minutes attempting to rationalize my liking this song. In the end I decided that liking one of their songs wasn't a crime, and let myself off the hook.

Ha ha, don't you hate it when that happens?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:31 am »

wait, is Kings of Leon drifting towards metal-ish-hard-rock, or is Pearl Jam getting dancey, or am I confusing Kings of Leon with some other band??
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2009, 12:12:45 am »

Pearl Jam's first album was completely written before Eddie Vedder joined the band.  It's a great album.  Vedder quickly exerted his control over the band and they started sucking as a result.  It took a couple more albums before he had totally ruined them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2009, 02:10:39 am »

This reminds me of something I saw on Twitter from hotdogsladies: Something my pal Jonathan taught me: 1. Sing "Evenflow!" like Eddie Vedder 2. Now, instead sing, "Trader Joe's!" 3. Now, try to stop.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2009, 02:28:47 am »

...shit
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 15th, 2009 - What is some trivia that I can know?
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2009, 03:33:17 pm »

Shouldn't that be posted in the Earworms thread?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up