Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The way of happiness is...  (Read 2119 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
The way of happiness is...
« on: September 25, 2009, 05:08:51 pm »

... Drinking a whole big ol' glass of wine at lunch, and come back to work empowered (meaning kinda wonky).
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 05:26:33 pm »

A little tipsy at work is a good thing actually.  You're relaxed.  The bullshit rolls off your back.  You get a lot more done really.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 05:45:02 pm »

Dude, I'd punch you in the arm right this fuck*ng moment.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 06:20:56 pm »

There was a secretary at my last job who always came to work very empowered. The last time I saw her she was sitting in her truck crying over scratch-off lottery tickets...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 06:28:39 pm »

That's vivid!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 06:36:35 pm »

*tries desperately to suppress laughter that would give him away*
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:45:56 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 04:31:50 am »

I came into uni today to get some study done but used meeting a friend for coffee as a motivator. We met up at 11, it's now 2:30 and I'm just settling down. Lazy Saturday morning conversations are terribly pleasant.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 05:05:26 am »

Dej, that's my new favorite euphemism. So awesome.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 10:23:54 am »

Like, the ink used to print the book has alcohol in it, and you can lick the book clean and be empowered, is that it?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 03:47:05 pm »

I ate a few Alice B. Toklas cookies last night. It is now thirteen hours later. I am at my very quiet workplace. I am more empowered right now than I ever was last night.

Luckily I have practice at this.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 04:55:22 pm »

Used some creeper in the butter eh?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: The way of happiness is...
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »

Oh, Row, I could definitely go for some of those right now. It's been years since. Time to get some action going...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up