Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Poll

How did you find TOUAMB?

Dumbrella Refugee (Original TOUAMBie)
Assetbar Refugee
Something Else (Describe in Post)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)  (Read 13866 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2009, 12:20:44 am »

Onstad told me about it on AIM, back in the days before he registered for an account here ("monotremes love an oil salad") and before he moved on to A Cap for secret man love.
Ennis Del Mar: [crying] Well, why don't you? Why don't you just let me be? It's because of you Jack, that I'm like this! I'm nothin'... I'm nowhere... Get the fuck off me! I can't stand being like this no more, Jack.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2009, 02:50:13 am »

There has never been a link on Achewood to TOUAMB.

You sure? I swear there used to be a 'forum' in the top left hand corner, or maybe down the bottom under the news. Or maybe I'm confabulating now. This leads to the next logical question of how the hell I found TOUAMB?

edit: The wayback machine proves Paul right (unsurprisingly) so how the hell did I find this place?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:55:19 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

alreadyinuse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -31
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
  • sex
    • View Profile
    • sex
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2009, 04:20:34 am »

I am woody harrelson, in the movie Natural Born Killers.
Logged
sex

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2009, 06:41:47 am »

well, we used to be in the top 5 for googles of "achewood"

as of right FU*KING now we're #10
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2009, 01:07:32 pm »

Hmm, at least we are on the first page, but it's close. Damn, a link to xkcd parody week really shouldn't be ahead of us.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:50:10 pm by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2009, 02:34:14 pm »

The little I know about search engine optimization tells me that the content of the page needs to match the content of the tags.  I guess we need to talk about Achewood more.

Achewood!  Achewood!  Achewood!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2009, 05:12:28 pm »

Achewood is as Achewood does.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2009, 05:48:25 pm »

Also, Achewood related sites need to link to us.
Someone revive the wiki!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2009, 01:02:04 pm »

Jasper got some medicines lately to address bladder control and joint pain and is doing swell. Our boy James has kicked his own pant seat for not doing this sooner.


Noooo! I told you so:

Quote from: Lileks twitter
Dog to the vet tomorrow. Had the talk with daughter. This could go either way, I suspect.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2009, 01:47:56 pm »


Noooo! I told you so:


Oh....this is sad.  Poor Jasper-dog.  Poor Child.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2009, 03:50:27 pm »

How old is he? 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2009, 04:15:27 pm »

James says quit worrying...


What font is that
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2009, 04:17:25 pm »

That is the DOG IS NOT DEAD YET font, that's all I need to know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2009, 03:00:33 am »

That dog should be wearing a party hat.
I'm not sure why.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions are in Order (Cheers Style)
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2009, 03:01:43 am »

Do you like my hat?

No.  No I do not like that hat.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up