Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AnticiPAtion  (Read 3021 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
AnticiPAtion
« on: December 01, 2003, 01:32:06 pm »

I'm thinking of the subject line as being spoken by Tim Curry in "Rocky Horror Picture Show."

Anyway, I got up at 7:30 AM today (an extreme rarity) after having gotten to sleep around 4 AM (not so rare) to wait for a package.

I kept checking the tracking number site until it finally said "On vehicle for delivery," which meant that I could stop re-loading the page every five minutes (i.e. every 15 seconds) to see an update, as there would be no further updates until I heard a knock at my door, or the doorbell chime, or some combination of the two.

Now, the delivery period for this particular carrier is between 8 AM and 3 PM - which means I could be waiting here for the next SEVEN HOURS in anticipation of my package finally arriving, but now I'm nervous about missing it.  I don't want to sit around for seven hours and do nothing, but at the same time I don't want to miss the door, so I'm sitting here at my desk listening for the door intently while doing other things, like checking e-mail, posting here, and, you know, actual work every once in a while.

I haven't gotten up by sheer will of anticipation since I was a kid and it was Christmas morning (well, there was that one time, with this aerobics instructor, that I'd wake up every morning in anticipation, but this is a little different).

Meanwhile, I'm preparing myself to be disappointed if it should show up damaged, faulty, or DOA, which seems to happen to me more often than it should.

In any case, you will hear my giddy "whee-ha"s of excitement within this seven hour period.

Just to warn you.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 01:52:45 pm »

That is so awesome.  

When I saw the subject line I imediatly heard Tim Curry in my head.  

I hope you ordered hot sauce.  Liquid being sent thru the mail - now that's anticipation.  Will it be smashed?  Will it be leaking?  Who knows?!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 04:24:14 pm »

I'm doing this with a care package right now -- albeit I think it's already here, but I just haven't checked yet. One does not truly understand the economy of waiting for mail until one depends on that mail for one's snack food supply.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 05:28:58 pm »

Well, my new laptop computer, which I had planned to spend many an hour using, arrived with a broken keyboard.

When I pressed any of the keys `, F1, Q, W, A, S, Z, or X it would display the first of those key pairs followed by the second.  If I hold in either key it repeats on the second.

So holding the Q key or the W key would produce "qwwwwwwwww".  Shifting to a capital did nothing.

And then on top of that the integrated wireless LAN didn't work either.

So I spent my half an hour on the phone, and they'll pick up the defective unit tomorrow, then I get to wait two days for them to receive it, and then a day or two for them to send a new one out to me.

I won't receive my replacement until Friday at the earliest, and probably not until NEXT Monday.

If I had more limit on my credit card I could have had them ship the replacement today, and then they'd simply credit my account once they received the replacement.

As it is, I have more anticipation on the way, but not the good kind.  Now I get to hope that the next one they send isn't also broken in some way.

And hope that I can get a new computer before my current one finally coughs its last breath and dies completely.

Sigh.  

Sad Jough today. :(

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 05:42:29 pm »

That is horrible.   :woo:
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 05:54:07 pm »

That sucks, man.  We know how excited you've been.  Just like a little (li'l?) kid at Christmas!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 06:32:35 pm »

Yes, I would have been a happier, gentler message board dictator moderator if I had a new snazzy PC to work on the 14+ hours a day I use a computer.

As it is, I will continue to be grumpy for another week while I wait for the new notebook to arrive.

I even gave it a name: Euclid.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 09:57:54 pm »

Does this mean a rampage of word banning and title changes?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2003, 11:48:06 pm »

No, just general tyrannical and impetuous behaviour, mixed with snippiness and a little whoop-ass-ness thrown in for flava.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 12:49:58 am »

Quote from: "Sad Because His New Computer Arrived Broken :("
No, just general tyrannical and impetuous behaviour, mixed with snippiness and a little whoop-ass-ness thrown in for flava.


Not the time to mention your use of the word flava then.

'Lie-Bot, what is the saddest thing?'

I'm there with you man. Too many times have I been computerless due to broken shipments or delays. And I only have the one computer, and if I order bits and I can't be bothered reverting it when something hasn't arrived I just have to cope for a few days, and maybe even use a Mac!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2003, 02:03:13 am »

Dammit, you guys.  I can't leave you alone for a minute.  

The stranger of the word c3nZ0rz have been removed -- including the one that ended up censoring itself.  I haven't even looked at the titles yet.  

I have a headache.  I'm going back to bed.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2003, 02:45:25 am »

Jayus Ellus, you seem to have contracted some strange form of Tourette's Syndrome.  I can make absolutely no sense of your post.

So *******.  Or should I say &8%$#@ over the mahogany tableclothed brownies in Denmark.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2003, 04:33:51 am »

*cries*
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
AnticiPAtion
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2003, 05:54:59 am »

Damn thread hijaakers.

The real trick is if you can ******* your *** when you've got a ***** next to the pink ***** with the long handle and ****** ***.

I'm just saying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up