Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: assetbar down  (Read 23063 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 11:54:26 am »

Other achewood discussion forums can sometimes be a bit like a private chatroom for old regulars, some of whom are maybe a bit too into themselves.

Are there others besides touamb?

Isn't it deeply weird that the plug appears to have been pulled with absolutely no acknowledgement from the Stadmeister? I feel like I'm at a dinner party and there's muffled screaming coming from the next room that noone is acknowledging.

The ***** gets a can. You guys like cans right, it's metal and stuff.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 12:54:32 pm »

Are there others besides touamb?

The ##### gets a can. You guys like cans right, it's metal and stuff.

Aw, I was just talkin about this other achewood place... over there somewhere...

Cans or other virtual voting things are terrible, because they make weak-minded people like me want to seek approval.

So, but keep giving me cans though.
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 01:00:12 pm »

1. yes, I told him and he was like "oh man, I've heard about that, when it was in an office building"

Well, next time I'm sitting in my rocker on my porch, send him over and I'll tell him about how in those days we walked to school uphill both ways barefoot in a snowstorm and wrote our homework with quill pens.

Oh, and about how ALL the students were girls.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 02:04:04 pm »

What's the point of using A-Bar without comments?  Why keep it up at all if there's to be no commenting?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 02:09:50 pm »

Now he has a message up: AssetBar's strip archive is down for a few. View our old-style archive here.
Logged

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 02:26:34 pm »

I expect Onstad was horrified by the bandwidth bill for a site that was 90% febrile wibbling, and 5% criticism. And 0% monetization.
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 03:56:52 pm »

...febrile wibbling....

those both look like words that seem imaginary because im too stupid to know them or have been around people that would use them.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2009, 04:14:48 pm »

febrile means feverish...wibbling is just awesome.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2009, 04:54:44 pm »

OK I am confused by the main topic of this thread and since it doesn't seem to be going away... There is nothing wrong with the Assetbar that I can see, and people are commenting the same as always. Did people who don't pay used to be able to comment and now they can't?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2009, 05:13:39 pm »

How dare those people become a community in which Achewood was a glancing focus rather than the driving point.

I'm guessing if he put out a comic more than once a week this would be less likely to occur.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2009, 05:16:52 pm »

OK I am confused by the main topic of this thread and since it doesn't seem to be going away... There is nothing wrong with the Assetbar that I can see, and people are commenting the same as always. Did people who don't pay used to be able to comment and now they can't?

I was just trusting what has been said in this thread.  I haven't checked.  "Boo to that." "Why find out?" 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2009, 05:17:42 pm »

Did people who don't pay used to be able to comment and now they can't?
Bingo.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2009, 05:33:18 pm »

Did people who don't pay used to be able to comment and now they can't?
Ahh, the gate has been raised to keep the riffraff out.  Nice that we have spies on both sides of the moat.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2009, 05:57:59 pm »

I'd thought it was that way all along.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: assetbar down
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2009, 05:58:16 pm »

I, for one, enjoy only talking about Achewood when there's something going on there to talk of.

And not paying for it.

I double enjoy not paying for it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up