Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal  (Read 15246 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 04:06:11 am »

 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 05:13:55 am »

I want a dog.
I miss dogs.

A cat lives under our porch, but that is not the same.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 01:07:26 pm »



Darth Pug finds your lack of faith disturbing.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 03:11:40 pm »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cmichel67/294587874/in/set-72157594478193099/

That picture has been viewed over a quarter of a million times.  That's the most popular picture on Flickr I've ever seen.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 03:48:23 pm »

This one beats it.  I know the person who took the picture, but who made the flyer is still a mystery.

And conveniently, it's also a dog photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugarfreak/1715199256/
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2009, 04:43:30 pm »

This one beats it.  I know the person who took the picture, but who made the flyer is still a mystery.

And conveniently, it's also a dog photo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugarfreak/1715199256/

Yep, that one has more views, but the other one has more favorites and comments.  Both are pretty awesome though.

I thought my photo with 45 thousand views was doing alright.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2009, 06:05:02 pm »

I wasn't gonna say anything (it's too late anyway, whatever), and generally I'm all for the newbies, but fuck it, any newbie that's responsible for a deluge of cutey dog pics should get the swift instaban/permaban boot pronto. f u Mr. Wonderful
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 11:04:53 pm »

That is a sad dog, but mine is pretty sad too.
http://saddestthing.com/things/15/

That actually elicited an involuntary primal 'dawww'

any newbie that's responsible for a deluge of cutey dog pics should get the swift instaban/permaban boot pronto. f u Mr. Wonderful

I like you DJV, but sometimes I just don't think you're on the same wavelength as the rest of us.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 11:47:32 pm »

Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 12:20:40 am »

That should be the new breed motto.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 01:15:22 am »

I am on another board where veteran posters "puppy" ridiculous/stupid/offensive threads. That's two boards now. I wonder what that says about me.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 01:22:02 am »

On Consumerist they disemvowel posts they don't like. That's pretty neat.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Sports & Leisure - a modest proposal
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2009, 02:19:23 am »

On Consumerist they disemvowel posts they don't like. That's pretty neat.

What will they do for people who write in Arabic? ABJADS ARE INVINCIBLE.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up