Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How's Lileks?  (Read 1709 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
How's Lileks?
« on: October 13, 2009, 03:54:27 pm »

Is he still a hoss's ass?  I had to stop reading him after he said I was unpatriotic because I didn't want to go to war with Iraq.   I remember liking him before that though.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: How's Lileks?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 04:13:18 pm »

Is he still a hoss's ass?  I had to stop reading him after he said I was unpatriotic because I didn't want to go to war with Iraq.   I remember liking him before that though.

Yeah, I drifted away for the same reasons.  For a while he was pretty good about putting his political stuff into the Screed, but it sort of bled back in to the Bleat.  Too bad.

Guy's entitled to his opinion on politics.  I'm entitled to not read it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: How's Lileks?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 04:15:06 pm »

I don't find it difficult to skip the political parts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: How's Lileks?
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:20:36 pm »

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: How's Lileks?
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 04:29:14 pm »

I don't find it difficult to skip the political parts.

The issue was for a while it was nothing but political parts. Sadly this era of the Bleat also made me like Mike Nelson less.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: How's Lileks?
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:21:53 pm »

He kinda figured out people didn't dig that stuff so even if there's a (more rare) polito-screed in the bleat he gives plenty of warning beforehand. I tend to skim those so I can read open letters to the CEO of Best Buy snarkiness instead.
Good to know. I actually haven't read his Bleat in probably four years now. Back to it.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

alreadyinuse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -31
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 64
  • sex
    • View Profile
    • sex
Re: How's Lileks?
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 05:34:20 am »

Logged
sex

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: How's Lileks?
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 05:35:37 am »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: How's Lileks?
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 05:38:21 am »

Nah man, he's just getting into the swing of things.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up