Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skunk  (Read 2689 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Skunk
« on: October 14, 2009, 01:02:31 am »

Best article on skunks ever. It's part of a series by Constance Casey on revolting creatures. You can find the links to the other entries at the top of the article. The one on vultures is good.

I also skimmed through her blog The Observant Gardener and even though I have no interest in gardening, and it appears to actually be about gardening related things, as opposed to international intrigue, I've enjoyed it so far.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 01:06:18 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Skunk
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 01:20:29 am »

Now I want a pet skunk
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Skunk
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 02:32:18 am »

This is a nice piece about skunks, but it doesn't belong in a series about revolting animals that only consists of five previous articles. There are many, many more revolting creatures that one should be writing about before getting as far down the list as skunks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Skunk
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 04:13:55 am »

There are many, many more revolting creatures that one should be writing about before getting as far down the list as skunks.

Yeah, like a parasite that will eat your tongue.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Skunk
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 12:56:18 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking of. I would have linked to it but I decided it was just too cruel.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Skunk
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 12:59:08 pm »

I was going to post this there but decided that the thread had stayed so on-topic it wouldn't have been fair. Seriously, that thread has been about parasites and tiny cans. I didn't think skunks belonged in the mix.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Skunk
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 02:13:10 pm »

See, I liked that article precisely because skunks are actually NOT as revolting as most people think they are.

I saw one in my neighborhood this summer.  Truckin' across the street late at night.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Skunk
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 05:27:49 pm »

Agreed.  Skunks are kind of cute and awesome.  As long as they are outside and not sneaking in to eat your dog's food.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Skunk
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 02:28:36 am »

I think that when skunks are clean and indoors-only they are cute and kind of kitty-like. I saw a cute video that some lady in Florida posted of her pet skunk, Mr. Waddles. He was hell of cuddly-looking, and got along pretty well with her four cats. All trundling along and doing tricks in exchange for extra treats, which his corpulent ass didn't really need.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Skunk
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 02:47:05 am »

All trundling along and doing tricks in exchange for extra treats, which his corpulent ass didn't really need.

You had better give the treats if you know what's good for you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up