Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: $4.95 12/02  (Read 9314 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
$4.95 12/02
« on: December 02, 2003, 10:47:58 am »

Mmmm... this strip makes me hungry, yo!

...and it also makes me want to play a video game for some reason.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 10:58:07 am »

V - was it you who said something about the switch to light and comic being a whiplash effect?
Keep saying stuff like that, I want to see how far he can take it the other way.

Lovely.

Oh, and not only is the art lovely - the flames on the dark rock and whatnot, but the car is stunning in this one. All those different angles, and it looks perfect in each and every one. I think Ontsad actually makes that Brat look like a pretty sexy car! Damn!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 11:54:08 am »

Man I love this strip.

My fave has to be the ominous stalactites behind the KFC.
Logged
goose means greedy

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 12:14:07 pm »

This was the first laugh-out-loud one in a while for me.  It's the hat and the alt text that did it for me.  I like that there's a KFC in hell.  That was where I had my first job, and I can honestly say it was pretty close to hellto begin with anyway.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 01:55:14 pm »

I always wondered what the food in hell was.  (I already know that the music is improvisatory modern jazz.)  Now I know, and it definitely makes sense.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 02:17:32 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
V - was it you who said something about the switch to light and comic being a whiplash effect?
Keep saying stuff like that, I want to see how far he can take it the other way.

Lovely.

Oh, and not only is the art lovely - the flames on the dark rock and whatnot, but the car is stunning in this one. All those different angles, and it looks perfect in each and every one. I think Ontsad actually makes that Brat look like a pretty sexy car! Damn!

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

Although I can't say I'm sorry to be proven wrong. Dang, but this is some fine-lookin' background art!

Anyway... I'm trying to think through the implications of Ray eating at KFC after being sent to hell via vegetarian-related death, but heck, I'm tired. I'll probably post my armchair xenology ranting later.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 02:18:55 pm »

Yeah, yeah, the Brats an ugly car and KFC sucks.  This strip is shooting giraffe in a barrel.  Ray better watch out or he's gonna wind up on the other end of this phone conversation.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Afterlife cuisine
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 03:02:18 pm »

So let me get this straight...  In Hell, you get tender, juicy Kentucky Fried Chicken, but in Heaven you just get a pan of roast rooster?  

I think I'll just continue in my evil ways...
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 03:28:26 pm »

I was actually thinking that the drink was all that Ray bought, in that in Hades insanely overpriced soda is the norm, but now that I look at it again I see a little bag on the seat too.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 05:46:59 pm »

Obviously they have KFC down there. Because Popeye's is FAR too good for the damned and Roy Roger's is just too cruel, even for Beelzebub.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2003, 06:11:32 pm »

No. They have every fast food franchise you can think of in Hell.
Aaaaaaaall of them.
In Heaven you have to cook for yourself, which you may think of as hardwork, but it makes food in Heaven edible!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2003, 06:59:22 pm »

Oh, I'm down for cooking, but it doesn't even sound like you can get good ingredients in Heaven.  It's like when I lived in Arkansas and couldn't find dried black mushrooms to save my life.  Had to order them online.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2003, 09:32:40 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Oh, I'm down for cooking, but it doesn't even sound like you can get good ingredients in Heaven.  It's like when I lived in Arkansas and couldn't find dried black mushrooms to save my life.  Had to order them online.

I assumed that this was Beef's nervousness problem with shopping. He was also a newbie; presumably, after you've been in Heaven for a few years, you know all the best places to shop.

Hell's KFCs are where bad Animal 57s go when they die.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2003, 12:27:53 am »

Hee!  this is what my mom replied to my email regarding the strip (she's a lot funnier than me):

***haha...hell IS kind of a weird place...did you notice the "tunnel wall" looks like legs and a "crotch"....?!  : D
little "pots" of fire and a KFC...could be worse...
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2003, 01:17:20 am »

Oh, please.  Your mom thinks *everything* looks like a crotch.

And damn Onstad changed the alt text to "Hell is kind of a weird place."

The $4.95 was much funnier.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up