Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: $4.95 12/02  (Read 9315 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2003, 02:52:31 am »

I thought the tunnel wall looked like legs and a crotch too (shut up, El Guapo...).  In fact, once I noticed the one section of tunnel wall that looked like legs and a crotch, all the rest of the tunnel walls seemed vaguely like distorted body parts, which I found suitable creepy for the walls of Gehenna (betcha hadn't filtered that one.)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2003, 03:14:19 am »

Quote from: "Sad Because His New Computer Arrived Broken :("

And damn Onstad changed the alt text to "Hell is kind of a weird place."

The $4.95 was much funnier.

Yeah, really. Especially considering that half the gag is how entirely non-weird Hell is -- Ray's driving around! Getting take-out! It's entirely blase!

Bah.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2003, 03:25:32 am »

I think there would probably be more speedbumps in hell.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 03:29:53 am »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
I think there would probably be more speedbumps in hell.


Please, they're calling them "speed cushions" now. The boys down in marketing came up with that one.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2003, 03:33:24 am »

I think there would be a lot of 4-way stops with everybody waiting for everybody else to go first and gesturing in a friendly manner while boiling on the inside.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2003, 04:41:01 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Yeah, really. Especially considering that half the gag is how entirely non-weird Hell is -- Ray's driving around! Getting take-out! It's entirely blase!


You cannot get delicious drinks made with soothing, medicinal expensive liquors in the fast food drive-thru. Ray is on the ropes here. Will be wringing out those little complimentary moist towelettes into a cocktail shaker.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2003, 04:54:04 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
You cannot get delicious drinks made with soothing, medicinal expensive liquors in the fast food drive-thru. Ray is on the ropes here. Will be wringing out those little complimentary moist towelettes into a cocktail shaker.


Just. Wow. Keep it up, Zart. I'm beginning to like you. And after only like 6 posts? Wow.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2003, 06:44:32 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
You cannot get delicious drinks made with soothing, medicinal expensive liquors in the fast food drive-thru. Ray is on the ropes here. Will be wringing out those little complimentary moist towelettes into a cocktail shaker.


Just. Wow. Keep it up, Zart. I'm beginning to like you. And after only like 6 posts? Wow.

Seconded.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2003, 10:30:08 am »

Quote from: "Sad Because His New Computer Arrived Broken :("
Oh, please.  Your mom thinks *everything* looks like a crotch.

And damn Onstad changed the alt text to "Hell is kind of a weird place."

The $4.95 was much funnier.


I just emailed her about this!
I'm sure she'll get a laugh that her phrase was used ..haHAH
her comment to the comic before this was "I have one tofutti-cutie left in the freezer ..want it?" (she wants to kill me dramatically!! ..though I doubt one would be enough for brain freeze) ..I s'pose that's not funny enough.

..of course, yes, I, too, liked $4.95 better ..reason I called the thread this - I s'pose it lives on :D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2003, 03:10:27 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
You cannot get delicious drinks made with soothing, medicinal expensive liquors in the fast food drive-thru. Ray is on the ropes here. Will be wringing out those little complimentary moist towelettes into a cocktail shaker.


Just. Wow. Keep it up, Zart. I'm beginning to like you. And after only like 6 posts? Wow.

Seconded.


Wow. Yea. Thirded!
Sounds like you belong here.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2003, 08:06:38 pm »

starlight, I was under the impression that your mom used that phrase *because* it was the alt text when she looked at it, and not that Onstad read this thread and used your mom's phrase.

I'm just saying.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2003, 01:58:29 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"

I live just outside the town where Colonel Sanders spent the last 20 years or so of his life.  His wife had a restaurant called "The Colonel's Lady" on the edge of town.


Judging from the sounds of this, the Colonel's last years were entirely different.

Musical Question: What do you do with a Kentucky Colonel?
Why turn him into a rapping cartoon of course
WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE, THAT DOESN'T SCAN OR RHYME OR ANYTHING BLAM THUD SIGH
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2003, 05:12:44 am »

Quote from: "Anxiously Awaiting His Replacement Computer"
starlight, I was under the impression that your mom used that phrase *because* it was the alt text when she looked at it, and not that Onstad read this thread and used your mom's phrase.

I'm just saying.


Yeah, I'm aware of that now (when I emailed her, she explained she didn't come up with the phrase and was just agreeing) :(
I'm quite the idiot sometimes ..hahah.  seriously, I didn't know the alt-text was changed till ya brought it up thus I assumed.  I'm a bit loopy lately ...blame mah sinuses ..heh
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
poor memories
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2003, 11:31:02 pm »

Ironic, all of you, that Ray would go to KFC, given that he died a vegan after reading Fast Food Nation.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
$4.95 12/02
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2003, 01:02:59 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
I've come to realize that my perception of the world was strongly influenced by the fact that I read Big and Bigger Secrets obsessively as a child.


Had your internal wiring completely fucked up at a tender age by all that dreadful and spooky shit about numbers stations too, eh? Perhaps this will help you find closure. I occasionally like to leave these playing at considerable volume when I leave the apartment. This is because my neighbor is a complete dick.

Also, did the italic typeface in Big Secrets have an intentionally scary quality to it, or is it just associative on my part?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up