Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd  (Read 5093 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:35:06 am »

Permalink

Todd takes a trip to Korea.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:38:31 am »

Oh hey, a comic!

I don't think I want to know too much about North Korean Magical Realism. I hope Todd is just going to disappear for a while.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 12:48:55 am »

I don't think I could understand the writing on that package less.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 01:18:06 am »

I have a feeling that North Korean magical realism is a bit too real.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 01:29:41 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR4kR1uC-w - Follow Todd's adventures ALREADY ON YOUTUBE!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 01:42:00 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNR4kR1uC-w - Follow Todd's adventures ALREADY ON YOUTUBE!

That's surprisingly good.  I actually watched most of it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 02:20:29 am »

I own a DVD of Pulgasari, the North Korean period piece/monster movie/Communist propaganda film.

Magical Realism indeed.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 02:23:52 am »

As to the strip -- Interesting premise.  I hope Onstad runs with it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 02:26:13 am »

Oh we were actually supposed to enjoy that (the video)?  I turned it off after a couple of minutes.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 02:37:59 am »

Oh we were actually supposed to enjoy that (the video)?  I turned it off after a couple of minutes.

I dunno, the art and animation seemed pretty good, much better than I had expected.  And it was fun looking for weird cultural differences and trying to follow the story.  Also, trying to pick up on emotions from only the tone of the speech.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 03:26:57 am »

Ah C'mon guys.  Don't Mr. Wonderful me.   I just googled North Korean Propaganda and linked the first YouTube I saw that had an Animal in it.

I didn't even listen with the sound on.

C'mon!

What the fuck, Paul?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 03:32:14 am »

PUG HIM!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 03:37:57 am »

Yeah, I don't buy it. You've been saving that video for months, just waiting for the perfect time to post it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 03:48:30 am »

Ah C'mon guys.  Don't Mr. Wonderful me.   I just googled North Korean Propaganda and linked the first YouTube I saw that had an Animal in it.

I didn't even listen with the sound on.

C'mon!

What the fuck, Paul?

Hey smick!
                                                          SUCK IT!!!  SUCK BIG FAT ASCII COCK!!!!

                  .".".".
                (`       `)               _.-=-.           Y
                 '._.--.-;             .-`  -'  '.            O
                .-'`.o )  \           /  .-_.--'  `\              U
               `;---) \    ;         /  / ;' _-_.-' `
                 `;"`  ;    \        ; .  .'   _-' \      S
                  (    )    |        |  / .-.-'    -`         U
                   '-.-'     \       | .' ` '.-'-\`                C
                    /_./\_.|\_\      ;  ' .'-'.-.                        K
                    /         '-._    \` /  _;-,
                   |         .-=-.;-._ \  -'-,
                   \        /      `";`-`,-"`)
                    \       \     '-- `\.\
                     '.      '._ '-- '--'/
                       `-._     `'----'`;
                           `"""--.____,/
                                  \\  \
                                  // /`
                              ___// /__
                            (`(`(---"-`)
                                                          

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 04:06:40 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-10-14 Go Piss Up a Rope, Todd
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 05:07:38 am »

a-cap gets SO MANY CANS for that
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up