Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: what is a good content management system to use?  (Read 8218 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 02:02:59 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 02:56:53 pm »

WordPerfect 5.1
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 06:30:49 pm »

I find that Microsoft Word is very good at allowing people to write a sentence on the computer.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 06:56:12 pm »

Word Perfect was the best until Microsoft snuffed them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 07:08:05 pm »

ClarisWorks 5 and WordStar.
"WORDSTAR 6.0

Big but not unwieldy, powerful but not too complex, packed with desktop publishing features and advanced integration capabilities for power users—WordStar 6.0 is all these things and more."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 09:48:52 pm »

THIS CHAIR!

I THINK MY HEART'S EXPLODING!
That chair is pretty sweet, I can not find a bad thing to say about that chair, no sir.

(I'm quoting the image too since it is fantastic)

I think it's an Eames Lounge Chair. I really want to believe that someone built a perfect scale model of it for this little pug to sit in.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 10:07:33 pm »

yes it is the classic eames chair plus ottoman. i've seen miniatures of it in all sizes, and that looks like it could be a puppy that would comfortably fit in one of the sizes i have in fact seen with mine own two eyes.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 11:08:45 pm »

I think it's an Eames Lounge Chair. I really want to believe that someone built a perfect scale model of it for this little pug to sit in.

I read a long thread somewhere where people were arguing about whether this was Photoshopped but I, too, want to believe.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 11:53:16 pm »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and animated gifs but after a little bit of internet sleuthing (okay, a few minutes in google image search) I think I found the original source image of the chair (and I made a little animation to illustrate that):



Still, quite a clever and well-done photoshop, though the fact that the laminate floor looked to be pug-sized made me a bit suspicious.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 12:01:48 am »

неeeeeeeeeeeeт!!!!!!!!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 12:17:48 am »

You mean they don't make pug-sized laminate floor?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:15 am »

I made a little animation to illustrate that:

What does the Cyrillic translate to?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 12:36:20 am »

What does the Cyrillic translate to?

Oh, I'm not sure. I just used TinyEye to find a larger source image and that one came up.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 01:26:18 am »

Photoshop?  Bah!  Clearly that is an enormous pug puppy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: what is a good content management system to use?
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 03:57:26 am »

I find that Microsoft Word is very good at allowing people to write a sentence on the computer.

Th-th-the perfect thing to say! Ever!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up