Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: grosser than gross  (Read 3762 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BUFFY

  • Guest
grosser than gross
« on: October 23, 2009, 09:10:24 am »

you've probably heard some of the grosser than gross jokes.

what's grosser than 7 dead babies in a trash can? 

one dead baby in 7 trash cans...

I read somewhere that these jokes originated around the time of Vietnam as a byproduct of the American culture being exposed to the horrors of the war.  The theory is that people often use humor to cope.

so anyway, if anyone wants to have a go at it, let's hear your best grosser than gross jokes.

I have one that's not really a joke so much as a practical joke.  Well I guess idiotic jokes would work for this thread just as well.  E.g. Tom Green climbing into a dead moose carcass.

anyway, I have this fascination and preoccupation with fetuses.  (feti?)  However the little runts are spelled. 

I guess it's because deep down I have a mischievous nature that I like to find things that push people's buttons.  And dead fetuses does the trick for some people.  I really like to push people's buttons who are anti-abortion.  It's ironic that on average, people who are anti-abortion come from the same group that is anti-gun control and anti-animal rights.  To me it's extremely narcissistic to view human life as somehow more deserving of the right to life than animal life.  It's really telling when you consider that the same narcissism that leads people to place human life above animal life often leads these same people to place one human life above another on the basis of race, national origin, sexual orientation, and so on.  I can be a total idiot, so sometimes I engage these folks in conversation (that and I would get bored at work) and I remember arguing with this one dude about the detention of prisoners in Guantanamo, and I was like, dude, these folks were picked up in the fog of war by confused and poorly educated American troops (I didn't realize at the time that many of them were actually picked up by Pakistani troops, but whatever) and I was like "so basically, you're saying that because some American soldier says they committed some act of terrorism or war, we should lock them up and throw away the keys.  You have that much confidence in our American soldiers."  And the dude was like "that's right." and so I was like "hey that's great, then maybe after the war we could have American troops be police, they could patrol our cities, and we would save a ton of money on court costs because they could act as police, judge, jury, and if needed executioner as well."  Anyway, this guy was a total douche and no one liked him, but he was generally pretty happy with himself.

okay, so on to my fetus idea.

It'd be pretty funny if you could get a dead fetus right, a dead human fetus, and I'm sure there are dead fetuses to be had here and there, and you find some hoss or something that's about to give birth, and you stuff the dead fetus up the hoss, so then when the vet is birthing the hoss, the dead human fetus spits out.  The vet would be pretty freaked out.  That would be an awesome candid camera segment.  Only trouble is that after that segment, they would pretty much have to shut down the show, because that would be like the ultimate shark jump.  I don't think they could top that segment.  Well I can but I'll stop now before I get my ass banned again.

I dunno man, am I really all that sick and perverted?  I mean, they have that traveling museum exhibit of dead people that they've preserved, in fact, they have several of these exhibits apparently from what I remember, done by different people with different preserving processes.  The most famous one is some weirdo who developed some kinda latex preserving process.  He works out of China.  So anyway, he has all these different people (dead, I might add) that he's preserved, including a fetus in a pregnant woman (both deader than a doornail) and they are all partially dissected and you can I guess walk right up to them and lick their dead preserved titties apparently, or maybe they have glass or someone standing there, I don't know I've never gone myself.  I guess they would have to have glass because someone standing there might not work as a deterrent for everyone, au contraire it might even be a turn-on for some people.  There's some pretty weird sickos out there.

anyway for the love of christ please don't post any gross pictures in this thread I can't stand that shit.

thank you.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 12:44:37 pm »

tl;dr
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:46:49 pm »

I can be a total idiot

get out of here!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 02:31:11 pm »

That was the funniest thing I've read all week.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 02:53:09 pm »

At first, one might be confused as to why there are more prepositions in Attic Greek than there are cases. This can be resolved by understanding that the original Indo-European had eight cases:
  • Nominative (the lion)
  • Accusative (to the lion)
  • Instrumental (with the lion)
  • Genitive (of the lion)
  • Dative (for the lion)
  • Ablative (from the lion)
  • Locative (at the lion)
  • Vocatice (O Lion!)

in Greek, however, many of these cases collapsed and were absorbed by the genitive or dative cases.


Toward the Lion - ACCUSATIVE


At the Lion - DATIVE
Note here that the dative has absorbed the functions of the locative.


Against the Lion - ACCUSATIVE


Around the Lion - ACCUSATIVE


With the Lion (cognate German mit) - GENITIVE
Note here that the genitive has absorbed the functions of the instrumental.


Upward against the Lion - ACCUSATIVE


Over (greek Huper, cf. hyper, cognate with German über, Persian abar and Latin super) the Lion - GENITIVE
One would expect to see the dative for a locative term, but it seems that "fixed" locations use the dative, and "movable" locations use the genitive. This is similar to languages that have a locative (at) and locative-terminative (by) case.


Above (literally on the outside of, cf. words like epidermis or epidemic) the Lion - GENITIVE


Downward (as in catastrophe) from the Lion - GENITIVE
The genitive has also taken over the function of the ablative case.


Under the Lion - DATIVE


Into the Lion - ACCUSATIVE
As with all aspects of motion to.


In the Lion - DATIVE
Note the cute swelled belly.


Out of the Lion - GENITIVE
This explains rather intuitively why the genitive is also used for ablative purposes. Had he emerged from the lion's vagina, there would be precisely no difference between the two.


Away from the Lion - GENITIVE


So the lesson learned is that the Greek case system, while simplified from Indo-European, still makes sense; that the subsumption of these cases necessitated prepositions to differentiate cases; and DON'T PLAY WITH A LION.

EDUCATION.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 03:02:00 pm »

I just had one of those incredibly rare 500 millisecond flashes of regret that I don't teach linguistics anymore, and can't use that for a class handout.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 03:05:34 pm »

I just had one of those incredibly rare 500 millisecond flashes of regret that I don't teach linguistics anymore, and can't use that for a class handout.

Wombat, this is for you: http://www.zazzle.ca/polyamory_is_wrong_tshirt-235838933475364492
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 04:10:31 pm »

I just had one of those incredibly rare 500 millisecond flashes of regret that I don't teach linguistics anymore, and can't use that for a class handout.

Linguistics is a field that is being choked by its own pomp.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 04:19:39 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 04:36:09 pm »

I want an 'octopi' version of that shirt.
Octopi/Octopodes over a nice rack doesn't have quite the same impact as polyamory/polyphilia though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 05:08:36 pm »

I just had one of those incredibly rare 500 millisecond flashes of regret that I don't teach linguistics anymore, and can't use that for a class handout.

Wombat, correct my memory if it has failed, which is likely, but didn't you teach David Bowie linguistics?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 05:17:05 pm »

Octopi/Octopodes over a nice rack doesn't have quite the same impact as polyamory/polyphilia though.

Sounds like you haven't seen enough Japanese porn...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 06:04:31 pm »

Sounds like you haven't seen enough Japanese porn...
To the contrary - what I have seen was more than enough...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 06:38:01 pm »

Wombat, correct my memory if it has failed, which is likely, but didn't you teach David Bowie linguistics?

Yes. (But not THAT David Bowie, before people get all excited.)

Why do you know this? I know it came up before but I don't remember how or why, and the board search function sucks and I am trying to do ten things in ten different browser windows at the same time at the moment and can't remember how Cort said to search the other way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: grosser than gross
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 06:42:12 pm »

Yes. (But not THAT David Bowie, before people get all excited.)

Why do you know this? I know it came up before but I don't remember how or why, and the board search function sucks and I am trying to do ten things in ten different browser windows at the same time at the moment and can't remember how Cort said to search the other way.

http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,1524.msg30240.html#msg30240

site:touamb.com David Bowie undergraduate student
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up