Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freddie  (Read 4206 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Freddie
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 02:32:17 pm »

sorry if you don't get along with me.  hey I am pretty laid back and I think the worst I have done is ruffle some feathers.  I'm a little different, that's all.  Sure, some people find me terribly offensive, but I mean, people find a lot of silly stuff offensive too... we still got a judge down in LA who won't marry inter-racial couples.  We got people blowing other people up in Iraq. 


I'm gonna give dude man a can for laying some perspective and context down all up ins.


I dont take fledglings under my wing though, but I will say this: Andy Kaufman good. Jim Carrey bad. If you can bring some of that Kaufman charm I will be much obliged.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Freddie
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 02:38:18 pm »

we still got a judge down in LA who won't marry inter-racial couples.  We got people blowing other people in Iraq.

Nonsense, surely. Never been there, but I'm sure there are people blowing each other in LA too.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Freddie
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 02:49:05 pm »

hey man, don't take my sense of humor seriously.  You can say you don't like my humor, but you can't seriously say I make bona fide death threats.

sorry if you don't get along with me.  hey I am pretty laid back and I think the worst I have done is ruffle some feathers.  I'm a little different, that's all.  Sure, some people find me terribly offensive, but I mean, people find a lot of silly stuff offensive too... we still got a judge down in LA who won't marry inter-racial couples.  We got people blowing other people up in Iraq.  I don't have a God complex, I'm not comparing my routine to Carlin's "Freedom Fighter" routine, I'm just sayin', I'm on a different wavelength than some of you, but really, when it comes down to it, I am on your side.  You don't have to share your message board with me, and that's cool, because I generally don't find your wavelength any more interesting than you find mine.  Just try to keep an open mind, in the end, there's a lot more to life than our own comfortable routines, and I don't think any of us has it all figured out yet...

Gee, how could we know about any of this stuff since this is your first ever post here...  Right?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Freddie
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 02:56:19 pm »

Nonsense, surely. Never been there, but I'm sure there are people blowing each other in LA too.


You know what else they do in LA? UNICORNS.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Freddie
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 03:14:49 pm »

A lot of people are calling bullshit on that music video, Bobby.

Apropos of nothing, there is a discarded helium birthday balloon floating around my kitchen window.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Freddie
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 03:45:21 pm »

A lot of people are calling bullshit on that music video, Bobby.

Apropos of nothing, there is a discarded helium birthday balloon floating around my kitchen window.

Using SCIENCE, we've upgraded the music video: here.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Freddie
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 03:56:23 pm »

Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Freddie
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 04:02:44 pm »

Using SCIENCE, we've upgraded the music video: here.
That poor man spent all of his niche reality show TV money.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Freddie
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 04:24:25 pm »

I dont take fledglings under my wing though, but I will say this: Andy Kaufman good. Jim Carrey bad. If you can bring some of that Kaufman charm I will be much obliged.

Or how about we just forget about the bullshit and behave like real people.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Freddie
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 04:49:45 pm »

Or how about we just forget about the bullshit and behave like real people.

Dude, every bridge needs a mischievous but in the end good hearted troll.
Just like every car needs a large man with handlebar moustache posing while it BELCHES FLAME.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Freddie
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 05:18:56 pm »

Dude, every bridge needs a mischievous but in the end good hearted troll.
Just like every car needs a large man with handlebar moustache posing while it BELCHES FLAME.

We have several of those already. Even if you quit, Bobby, we'll always (apparently) have Cioran.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Freddie
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2009, 05:49:16 pm »

We have several of those already. Even if you quit, Bobby, we'll always (apparently) have Cioran.

Until he gets married in turn.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up