Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs You Love  (Read 30825 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2009, 05:25:19 am »

Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2009, 06:09:56 am »



if i knew a chick welder, id make an ass out of myself to try and get her attention.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

schnitzelbank

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2009, 06:14:01 pm »

Is this...are you...

Have we found the elusive Mrs. Isosceles?

Only on alternate Wednesdays and some weekends. The rest of the time I am set loose in the wilderness, playing the tinwhistle while foraging for berries and small mammals.
Logged

schnitzelbank

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2009, 06:19:27 pm »

Yes, still working on the banjo. Unfortunately I realized that I can make great banjo sounds playing with a pick. So I just play a weird mix of "amazing grace" and "can the circle be unbroken". Also, I came up with a chord progression that I really like and play a lot.
Really though, I want to learn clawhammer.

There is a wee vintage banjo uke on consignment at the local toystore. I am tempted.
Have you looked into Alaska Piks? They fit under the nail, which makes them uncomfortable for some people. but might allow you to get the sound you want while playing faster.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2009, 07:25:19 pm »

Only on alternate Wednesdays and some weekends. The rest of the time I am set loose in the wilderness, playing the tinwhistle while foraging for berries and small mammals.

Yeah, that sounds about like what I'd expect.

If you come across a wombat with a laptop, let her live.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2009, 10:17:49 pm »

After watching classic Doors footage on VH1 Friday night, I am convinced I need to get a vintage Fender Rhodes piano bass (or a more reasonably-priced Asian ripoff from the 70s or 80s).  I love playing bass but I'm just not a good fretter.  If I got a piano bass/keyboard bass, I could play it left-handed like Ray Manzerek and do like a snare/kick drum/cymbal thing with my right hand and foot and be my own dang rhythm section.  Hell yes.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2009, 11:05:31 pm »

if i knew a chick welder, id make an ass out of myself to try and get her attention.

I know a girl welder and I am constantly making an ass out of myself trying to get her attention.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2009, 11:28:32 pm »

A girlwelder?

Is that like a Dogwelder?

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Troy_Convers

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
  • GIN MAKES A MAN MEAN!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2009, 12:33:28 am »

Chubbied I mean Peppered for the Hitman reference. Excellent.
Or should I say Bueno Excellente?
Logged
EVERYONE BOOZE UP & RIOT!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2009, 01:40:40 am »

Quote from: Troy_Convers
Peppered for the Hitman reference.

Often, I myself forget that I am not just a loosely-formed construction of mood disorders and politics.

It is good to remember that my nerd-fu is strong, sometimes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2009, 05:11:07 am »



I cannot speak to this.  I spent my evening on top of a mini thunderdome yelling at people riding single speed bicycles.

(That is me in the blue poncho)



Ladyfriend just posted photos on BookSpace.



She gets my flattering side.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:16:27 am by smick »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2009, 05:58:55 am »

Or should I say Bueno Excellente?
Bueno...... bueno!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2009, 06:01:37 am »

She gets my flattering side.

You're not kidding. *WOLF WHISTLE*
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2009, 08:55:05 pm »

Only on alternate Wednesdays and some weekends.
Any moll of Bobby's is worth a can.  If only for forbearance.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Songs You Love
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2009, 01:05:41 pm »

"Thy rebuke has broken his heart", from the Messiah Oratorio by Handel.

God's earworm.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up