Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Beefy - Nov 02 2009  (Read 13191 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« on: November 02, 2009, 10:25:03 am »

link.

'Beefy' - yep, that sounds like Ray.

I don't like this maakies crap when it's its own comic strip, and moving it to achewoodworld hasn't helped. Bleh.

On the plus side, the car looks good and the drawing makes it look like it's really driving along there at a fast speed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:22:31 am by R2DTrousers »
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

Sungjae

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
  • I...have no complaints.
    • View Profile
Original Maakies strips are available once again, at $450 each,
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:34:49 am »

Original Maakies strips are available once again, at $450 each, which includes shipping.

this was pretty funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zERQmic3JJ8

this too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXTbXOuMB4o

this not so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBRsn5STPag

Logged
Korea represents an origin of human civilization, and the Korean nation is endowed with brilliant culture spanning its history of 5,000 years from the early third millennium B.C.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:39:42 am »

This strip is everything achewood is not.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 01:51:35 pm »

That was... interesting.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 02:05:53 pm »

People I like (Onstad, They Might Be Giants) like Maakies but I just can't really get into him.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 02:11:28 pm »

Tony Millionaire did a book signing with Onstad recently in Seattle.  A friend of mine (a Tony Millionaire fan) was there and actually gave Millionaire a set of beer goggles.  He said There were lots more folks there to see Onstad than Millionaire.

This comic is a good example why.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 02:17:39 pm »

Agreed.  Didn't enjoy.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

spencersage

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 15
  • I'm a mighty pirate.
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 03:09:25 pm »

That strip was Bullshit.

It was neither Interesting, nor Fun, nor filled to the Brim with Good Times™.
Logged

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 03:33:01 pm »

Whoa

I was non-positive about this strip over on paywood, and some non-Onstad person (presumably staff or unofficial moderator) informed me I was banned for 24 hours.
I tried to reply to them saying 'what do you mean, a 24 hour ban, and by the way who the hell are you?' and found I couldn't (because I was banned, duh!).

What a load of absolute cuntery. Unfuck*ngbelievable. Refund please. <futile complaining continues, diminishing in volume until inaudible>
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 03:34:11 pm »

ugh.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 03:39:58 pm »

Whoa

I was non-positive about this strip over on paywood, and some non-Onstad person (presumably staff or unofficial moderator) informed me I was banned for 24 hours.
I tried to reply to them saying 'what do you mean, a 24 hour ban, and by the way who the hell are you?' and found I couldn't (because I was banned, duh!).

What a load of absolute cuntery. Unfuck*ngbelievable. Refund please. <futile complaining continues, diminishing in volume until inaudible>


that would never happen on freewood.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 03:40:25 pm »

Well, I found it vaguely amusing for a Monday morning.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2009, 03:44:06 pm »

that would never happen on freewood.

It has pissed me off to an extent that would probably be hard for others to understand.
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

Sungjae

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
  • I...have no complaints.
    • View Profile
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 04:00:38 pm »

It has pissed me off to an extent that would probably be hard for others to understand.

I'm bipolar, until I got medicated I would quite easily fly into obsessive rages over things big and small, so perhaps I understand?

As far as Onstad/Achewood's interaction with the fans, it's too bad that this interaction is trapped inside the limitations of assetbar.  Both Onstad and the fans deserve better.
Logged
Korea represents an origin of human civilization, and the Korean nation is endowed with brilliant culture spanning its history of 5,000 years from the early third millennium B.C.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Beefy - Nov 02 2009
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 04:07:58 pm »

what the fuck is a maakies


this isn't a troll or anything, i just have never heard of this before here
same with 'lileks' (again, not trying to joke, i'm serious)

where is all this crap webcomic material coming from? (well, "the internet," but i mean: how is this spreading)

and i thought i was edgy for liking Milk and Cheese back in the day
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up