Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside  (Read 2378 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« on: November 03, 2009, 11:20:32 am »

Fuck all that
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 01:48:57 pm »

Can someone tell me where to find the buttons to change the time on these pugs? I really do not need to get up at 7.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 01:51:40 pm »

While we're at it, can someone explain to me why my son got up and hour and a half early on Sunday? Where did the extra half hour come from?

He's back on his regular schedule like a champ today, though. Great kid.

Still working on the sister.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 02:13:44 pm »

I hate driving home the first day that it is full-on dark out at rush hour. For some reason everybody acts like there is 2 feet of snow on the ground on this day. It's just darkness, people. It happens for a decent sized chunk of over year.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 07:47:32 am »

Can someone tell me where to find the buttons to change the time on these pugs? I really do not need to get up at 7.

I spent fully ten second trying to work out what word was filtering to pug. Then I realised sometimes word filters aren't necessary.

I live in the only state in my country without daylight savings but I've also generally worked jobs that have flexible hours anyway so I guess I win both ways?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 05:02:27 pm »

I have seriously considered moving to Arizona because they don't observe Daylight time.  I spend the entire summer sleep deprived.  My body does not adjust.  I've spent the past 3 days feeling awesome in the mornings, despite fighting off some cold bug.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 05:11:09 pm »

I have seriously considered moving to Arizona because they don't observe Daylight time.
I didn't know that. If it were....basically anywhere but Arizona I would seriously consider relocating. Daylight savings is the worst idea people have come up with since making drugs illegal.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 05:21:00 pm »

There's also Indiana.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 05:24:45 pm »

There's also Indiana.
That seems slightly more doable. I'm a hoosier at heart.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Yo, daylights saving time is makin it mad light outside
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 06:42:31 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up