Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organizization Codependency  (Read 16391 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »

How does the "eat it and shut up" method work if the person you live with is happy living in their own shit?

I just spent well over an hour cleaning my bathroom. Due to the fact that this house is old, it will basically never look clean enough for me. I WANT TO RIP APART AND RE-DO THIS BATHROOM. ahhh.

1. re-do floor, so that it is not lots of tiny tiles with dark-colored grout in between. the tiles have lots of spots on them and stuff from wearing away over the years, and so the floor always looks dirty
2. re-install toilet so that it is connected to the floor (the grout has worn away, and it basically shimmies around at will)
3. actually probably replace the toilet with one that is not at least 50 years old
4. new shower rods that are not rusted (i guess I could do this one.)
5. swap out window so that it isn't all drafty and frigid in there... come on!
6. make the window-sill like 4 inches lower, for shower make-outs.
7. replace sink, which has worn away in some places so that there is a permanent brown spot

...yeah, I would probably start these projects and never finish.

I spent so long scrubbing the tub with every possible bathtub cleaner, but it is still not clean.

proactive steps I will take to make this bathroom infinitel cleaner:
1. buy a toothbrush holder/ put a cup in the bathroom to hold toothbrushes.
a. no toothbrushes lying around on the counter
b. no toothpaste
c. avoid having to be the ass who is like, "dude, put away your toothbrush, come on."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2010, 10:56:33 pm »

So basically you live in the fight club house. Thats kind of cool.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2010, 11:00:32 pm »

My bathroom is also dingy and old. I am redoing it in bits as the finances allow. Next up: the leaking, shimmying toilet.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2010, 11:08:23 pm »

it isn't as gross as the fight club house. it's just... old.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2010, 11:18:42 pm »

Yeah, if you live in an older house those are all things you simply have to get used to, unless you own it and are able to do renovations yourself. Windows can be extremely difficult and expensive to replace in old buildings, but you can help eliminate the drafts by taping plastic over them. They make kits for this that work really well. The floors you can hide with a big bathroom mat.

You are in college though, so as long as your place doesn't have a bug problem and you only see the occasional penis you're doing pretty good.
Logged

spinn

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
    • Scribs
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2010, 11:43:45 pm »

Sometimes the wife and I feel guilty about out lack of organization and basic adult skills. She said once: "we're just adult enough to get along."

I said this to my therapist once and she said "and you know, God bless you. I see so many people twisted up over planning every little thing."

So, I dunno. It's good and bad, I guess.
Logged
Jack Pendley's av1d - now on set 4  <-- oh man this is a link to a web site that died like three years ago

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2010, 12:04:38 am »

Oh god inev, you will have plenty of time later in your life to replace toilets. At your age you are just supposed to pee in them and then go out and live life.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2010, 12:51:17 am »

Oh god inev, you will have plenty of time later in your life to replace toilets. At your age you are just supposed to pee in them and then go out and live life.

youre right, but on the other hand, its good for a person who has a naturally self-lit fire under their ass to keep that aspect well exercised. knawmean?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2010, 01:05:43 am »

Oh god inev, you will have plenty of time later in your life to replace toilets. At your age you are just supposed to pee in them and then go out and live life.
And now i have a new signature
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2010, 01:18:05 am »

If I'd known that sentence was going to be semi-immortalized I'd have edited it a bit, but anyway it's nice to know an upstanding young fellow who appreciates the wisdom of his elders.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Organizization Codependency
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2010, 01:39:22 am »

also, what about #2?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up