Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85631 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 07:26:28 pm »

Paper-thin, deli-sliced, brown-sugar ham piled high with just the right amount of swiss on seeded rye, grilled. No toppings. Crunchy kettle chips on the side.

Mmmm.

Agreed re: butter on the bread, not in the pan.

Guess what I bought the ingredients for last night?

Sandwich heaven awaits.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 08:14:40 pm »

I like so many different sandwiches in so many different ways. Hm.
Lately, beef bologna or kosher salami on rye with mustard and cheddar. Cooked on our panini press. (it sounds extravagant, but I use it for basically every meal. If it helps we don't own a normal toaster?)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 09:49:11 pm »

ive been obsesse3d with quesadillas for the past year.  i heat up the ol' cast iron skillet and lay a tortilla in there.  then i sprinkle shredded mozzy or queso blanco on it.  then i put in a hand full of diced ham or pepperoni.  then i sprinkle more cheese and add a tortilla on top of that.  i turn it when the bottom layer of cheese is melty.  its done when the other side is melty and its usually the perfect amount of crispy by that point.  then i cram it in my face.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 10:12:22 pm »

Oh man, that sounds good, GK.  I have to try the queso blanco and ham.  It strikes me as being good with roasted chicken, too, and some guac on top.  Oh, yeaaaahhhh.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 11:09:36 pm »

I have ingredients.  I think it's time to sandwich it up.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 11:13:35 pm »

Oh yeah, I started making quesadillas at home when I realized that they are in fact basically a grilled cheese sandwich. A grilled cheese sandwich that is really good with refried black beans and avocado and salsa.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 11:21:16 pm »

Incidentally they are both very good with chips.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 11:45:11 pm »

I also make quesadillas on the panini thing.
I am not super into guac, but it always makes me think about how my grandmother says that when they moved here (1963 or so?) they could not find an avocado anywhere in the US.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 12:07:28 am »

Yeah, avacado was invented in the 50s, but it didn't really catch on until the 70s.  I think it was the popularity of avacado furniture and countertops that spurred it to popularity.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2009, 05:01:38 am »

It is best if you just assume I disagree with you.


DO you see me? I am looking at you disapprovingly.

Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 08:36:43 pm »

I also make quesadillas on the panini thing.
I am not super into guac, but it always makes me think about how my grandmother says that when they moved here (1963 or so?) they could not find an avocado anywhere in the US.

your grandmother lived somewhere that wasnt St. Louis, or somewhere that wasnt the US?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2009, 09:29:31 pm »

My lunch today definitely qualified as a good-ass sandwich: lightly toasted cibatta spread liberally with olive oil and balsalmic, topped with baby spinach, mozzarela (the big honkin' kind) and roma tomatoes.  I meant to put bacon on this too, for obvious reasons, but ran out of time. 

I also make a mean jerk pork hoagie with sriracha mayo and fresh jalapeno and cucumber.  It's like Caribbean banh mi or something.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2009, 09:32:06 pm »

your grandmother lived somewhere that wasnt St. Louis, or somewhere that wasnt the US?

Inev's grandmother is from South America. (Chile, IIRC.)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 09:34:52 pm »

If I'm feeling cheap and the lady isn't around to watch me eat:

Isaly's chopped ham (or similar "chipped chopped ham" product), sliced as thin as the deli guy has the patience for.  Store-brand kaiser roll OR mass-produced "honey wheat" bread, a'la Home Pride.  Pre-sliced swiss cheese.  Stadium mustard if you live in northern Ohio, other vinegary spicy brown mustard if you live somewhere else.

Put a slice of cheese on the bottom bun/bread.  Pile the chopped ham on the cheese in a quantity that makes you think twice.  :)-face of mustard on top of the ham.  Second slice of cheese on top of that, then top bun/bread.  Microwave for 50 seconds.  Enjoy with cold pickle spear.


Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 09:40:04 pm »

Inev's grandmother is from South America. (Chile, IIRC.)

sweet.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41   Go Up