Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85475 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 09:46:58 pm »

My lunch today definitely qualified as a good-ass sandwich: lightly toasted cibatta spread liberally with olive oil and balsalmic, topped with baby spinach, mozzarela (the big honkin' kind) and roma tomatoes.  I meant to put bacon on this too, for obvious reasons, but ran out of time. 
Oh my.  Oh my oh my.

I also make a mean jerk pork hoagie with sriracha mayo and fresh jalapeno and cucumber.  It's like Caribbean banh mi or something.

OH MY.  You're killing me here.  You win the good-ass sandwiches award in my book.  You got a single twin brother or anything?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009, 09:49:26 pm »

My sandwich life was changed when it was so obviously pointed out that I should mix spices with the sauces in this sandwich thread:
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4446.0.html
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009, 10:39:13 pm »

It is best if you just assume I disagree with you.


DO you see me? I am looking at you disapprovingly.



So... I just saw this post of mine, and thought it was from an old thread.   Nope!  Turns out it was last night.   I vaguely remember posting it, and I have no idea of the relevance of it, or whom I'm talking to.   Perhaps I'm shouting at the specters that were haunting my beer soaked mind last night.   There was certainly a lot of beer yesterday.

One thing is for sure, I was disagreeable.


(And for history sake: much better at typing drunk than Judy was.)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »

My sandwich life was changed when it was so obviously pointed out that I should mix spices with the sauces in this sandwich thread:
http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,4446.0.html

That thread now has a post about giraffe based sandwiches. I welcome our new overlords.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2009, 11:11:28 pm »

I hope not giraffe placenta sandwiches.  I hope.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 11:16:10 pm »

JL remembers correctly.

I have gotten really into making quesadillas with things that should not be in quesadillas.

Like, bologna.

In Berkeley I got really into Cuban sandwiches. What a great idea for a sandwich.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2009, 11:41:52 pm »

mmm made with real cubans
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2009, 11:52:23 pm »

That thread now has a post about giraffe based sandwiches. I welcome our new overlords.

But...you are our new overlords!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 12:30:29 am »

In Berkeley I got really into Cuban sandwiches. What a great idea for a sandwich.
I was pretty harshly disillusioned recently when a Cuban sandwich which I ate at this bakery which was owned and operated by young, white hippy-types turned out to be pound-for-pound superior to the Cubans I get from the place down the street from me which are made by actual Cubans. It was a little depressing somehow.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 12:31:44 am »

By the way, this spell check suggests "potpies" in place of "hippy-types." I like that.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 01:01:05 am »

mmm made with real cubans

such as mark cuban?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 02:01:42 am »

I was pretty harshly disillusioned recently when a Cuban sandwich which I ate at this bakery which was owned and operated by young, white hippy-types turned out to be pound-for-pound superior to the Cubans I get from the place down the street from me which are made by actual Cubans. It was a little depressing somehow.

I got disappointed when I discovered a cuban was just a grilled ham sandwich with a fancy name.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 02:05:45 am »

I got disappointed when I discovered a cuban was just a grilled ham sandwich with a fancy name.

Doesn't it have roasted pork too? I usually just get a roasted pork sandwich.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 02:09:26 am »

Not the ones I've had.  sliced ham, a white cheese on a grilled bread.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 02:10:50 am »

I am open to the possibility that what really distinguishes the Cuban sandwich for me is that it has pickles. I really like pickles, but I always combine them with things they do not go with, and end up with shitty sandwiches.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41   Go Up