Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85491 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2009, 04:40:11 pm »

Anyway, fuck a Cuban sandwich, there's a lot better sandwiches to eat.

I think I've talked about my boyhood sandwich here before.  I don't eat a muffuletta much anymore because nobody I've found round these parts can make it as good as Fertitta's.

A sandwich I like to make sometimes Is a variant of the Reuben.  Instead of corned beef I use turkey and instead of sauerkraut I use coleslaw.  I got the idea from Carshon's Deli in Fort Worth.  It's their Ruthie sandwich, but I omit the corned beef altogether usually.  So good!

I had a fantastic BLT the other night.  Simple and perfect.

And I don't know why anyone would denigrate a lazy Sunday snack because really dems de best eatings of all.

You know it's really hard to go wrong with a sandwich.  There are just so many right combinations.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2009, 04:51:22 pm »

Mmmmm, boyhood sandwich. 

My mind is going places y'all probably would rather not visualize on this one.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2009, 04:53:14 pm »

There is nothing better than a simple perfect BLT.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2009, 05:12:48 pm »

my boyhood sandwich
Dude! I'm at work, here! A little warning please!
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 05:56:18 pm »

I mean, what would be an exclusive ingredient to Cuba. I do not get the problem here.

yucky tostones
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 06:05:05 pm »

Anyway, fuck a Cuban sandwich, there's a lot better sandwiches to eat.

Dude, there's way better food to fuck than a sandwich.  Philip Roth swears by (oh my god my memory is failing me.  Was it a pumpkin?  A salami?  Or was he the sweat sock with lotion? Ugh, I've gotten old; I'm forgetting my classic American literature.)  And of course apple pie.

I don't eat a muffuletta much anymore because nobody I've found round these parts can make it as good as Fertitta's.

There was an actual restaurant in St. Paul called Muffalettas; they made fantastic...wait for it...muffalettas.  They have closed, unfortunately.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2009, 06:05:40 pm »

i might be getting sacreligious here, but i enjoy the following mass produced sammiches:



double whopper
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2009, 06:18:35 pm »

In honor of this thread I had a good ass sandwich for lunch today.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2009, 06:21:06 pm »

Paul, that egg is gorgeous to the point of looking fake.  I believe that is a sandwich I would enjoy to eat.

Only way to improve on a BLT: Mayo on one slice of bread, peanut butter on the other.  It makes for some truly wonderful eating.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 06:44:42 pm »

Paul, that egg is gorgeous to the point of looking fake.  I believe that is a sandwich I would enjoy to eat.

That is actually the second egg I cooked.  On the first one the oil was too hot and it got a little crusty.  It was tasty, but I thought "this is for TOUAMB I can't take a picture of a crusty egg."  So I cooked a second one, the one you saw.

Only way to improve on a BLT: Mayo on one slice of bread, peanut butter on the other.  It makes for some truly wonderful eating.

I'm going to have to take your word for it as that doesn't sound like my idea of wonderful.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2009, 06:57:27 pm »

I got really into whoppers for a while, and then I had one that was really really bad at laguardia airport.

I want a really good sandwich, but there is a law (or something) on this campus where you can only get horrible sandwiches. It's a damn shame. 
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2009, 07:01:20 pm »

That is actually the second egg I cooked.  On the first one the oil was too hot and it got a little crusty.  It was tasty, but I thought "this is for TOUAMB I can't take a picture of a crusty egg."  So I cooked a second one, the one you saw.

dedication, much?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2009, 07:02:39 pm »

Only way to improve on a BLT: Mayo on one slice of bread, peanut butter on the other.  It makes for some truly wonderful eating.

PB and mayo even in the same sentence makes me a little queasy, much less the same sandwich. But I understand the problem that this sandwich is trying to solve. Personally I would approach this by having half a BLT and half a PB and bacon sandwich.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2009, 07:03:20 pm »

dedication, much?

This is why not just any crappy half-assed noob can make it here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2009, 07:15:11 pm »

In honor of this thread I had a good ass sandwich for lunch today.
Are those really MisterQueue's pictures? Why is he so good at taking pictures?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41   Go Up