Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85604 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2009, 03:07:09 pm »

Cook-Out serves Cheerwine. AFAIK, no Chik-fil-a stores do.

We have none of the above here in the great white north.  I've at least HEARD of Chik-fil-a, but the terms "Cheerwine" and "Cook-Out" are completely unfamiliar.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2009, 03:10:47 pm »

We have none of the above here in the great white north.  I've at least HEARD of Chik-fil-a, but the terms "Cheerwine" and "Cook-Out" are completely unfamiliar.

I know. I grew up in Ohio. Sweet Tea, Cheerwine, and Cook-Out were completely foreign concepts to me when I moved here.

Heck, they didn't have Krispy Kreme in Toledo until about 5 years ago. The got a KK and a Tim Horton's the same year. It was epic.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2009, 03:11:11 pm »

I think the one near my house in charlotte has Cheerwine. But yeah, I figured I was probably getting my hopes stupidly high ("maybe they fly it into St Louis in a special cheerwine plane, or like, maybe they just drop it out of the plane with a tiny parachute for each can...")
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2009, 03:16:36 pm »

I don't know if this qualifies as a good ass sandwich, but I've been eating a lot of hamburgers lately.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2009, 03:49:01 pm »

Cann'd for Hubcap Grill. That's an honest Nice Pete burger if I've ever had one.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2009, 04:05:23 pm »

I woke up to do some work at 5a, then went back to sleep.

While waiting for the work to complete, I read this thread.  I then proceeded to dream about Cheerwine.  I had gotten all messed up on it, assuming "It's a softdrink".   I was then irrevocably drunk and needing to go to work.

Also in re: Chik-Fil-A.   I'm a northerner all my life, but I spent some time in the Southeast.  During that time, I also played World of Warcraft.  So, if you're in the intersection of being from the South, and playing World of Warcraft on this Venn diagram, maybe you'll find this image funny.  Maybe?

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2009, 07:14:08 pm »

Some of their advertisements rely on REALLY BIZARRE RACIAL STEREOTYPING OF ASIANS and the joke that this shop owner doesn't know that it isn't alcoholic.

Also, have I told you guys about how something that happened to me almost became a cheerwine ad? They went with the weird one about the Asian guy instead, and another one about chasing off Yankees who try to take Cheerwine across the Mason Dixon line.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2009, 08:41:51 pm »

Also, have I told you guys about how something that happened to me almost became a cheerwine ad?

Even if you did, it's new to me! 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2009, 10:39:54 pm »

Even if you did, it's new to me! 

Newbies: The next best thing to an Alzheimer's patient.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2009, 03:25:13 am »

Newbies: The next best thing to an Alzheimer's patient.

 >:(  you can take that Scrabble game and shove it, lady. 

I keed, wanna play?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2009, 05:22:07 pm »

Cuban Sandwich.  Now with Roast Pork.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2009, 10:37:06 pm »

Cuban Sandwich.  Now with Roast Pork.

Hooray for you!  Was it good (-ass)?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2009, 11:48:24 pm »

It was good-ass..
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2009, 09:33:42 pm »

They did not have cheerwine. We drove around st louis for 2 hours trying to find it (the first one we found on Google Maps was in a terrifying mall in north st louis that looked abandoned. We did not enter.)

That damn sandwich and lemonade... I almost died of happiness.

The cheerwine story:

In high school I really loved cheerwine, and developed a taste for cheerwine from glass bottles (the stuff in glass bottles is made with real sugar, it tastes really good). At this music venue I used to go to they wouldn't let you bring in any drinks, so I went out to drink my cheerwine in the parking lot. A security guard sees me and gets a gleam in his eye and walks up. "What'cha drinking there."
"oh... it's Cheerwine! *shows bottle*"
and he said something like, Oh! i love cheerwine!

and my dad knows a guy whose family owns cheerwine, and told him that story, and he was like "oh! that would be a great commercial!"
but then they made the weird one with the Asian man instead.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 10:14:28 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2009, 09:58:20 pm »

I'll stick to Ale-81.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41   Go Up