Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85773 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2009, 10:45:55 pm »

I'll stick to Ale-81.

I would drink that product simply for the fact that it's somehow managed to remain independent after more than 80 years.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2009, 12:27:57 am »

my favorite carolina soft drink is Dr. Enuf
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2009, 02:42:08 am »

Round these parts we have FrosTop root beer.  It's magnificent.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2009, 03:44:40 am »

I think my favorite soft drink would have to be Chinotto. I've never been able to find it outside of this one little Italian market though. It kind of makes it more special that way though, so whenever I buy some I really savor it.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2009, 03:49:42 am »

I was always a fan of Switch. It's carbonated fruit juice with no sugar added. But no place sells it any more. Izze is similar but has more of a seltzer taste to it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2009, 04:04:26 am »

Round these parts we have FrosTop root beer.  It's magnificent.

Too bad they were closed.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2009, 02:34:55 pm »

Too bad they were closed.

Dang, I wish we had a Frostop stand here.  We just have bottles of the stuff available in the stores.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jacques_schitt

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2009, 03:58:09 am »

I am envious of you Americans and your endless sandwich and soft drink choices.

I have two good-ass sandwiches.

1.  Bagel, not toasted, split and both sides spread thickly with cream cheese, bottom half piled with smoked salmon, then plenty of wafer thin slices of red onion, a dollop of hossradish cream, a tablespoon of capers.

2.  Thick slice of buttered multi-grain bread, lettuce, homemade mayo, cold Wiener schnitzel (This is crucial - it must be cold, or the lettuce will soften and the butter will melt.  This is not good-ass.), salt and pepper, top with second slice of buttered multi-grain.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 05:12:49 am by jacques_schitt »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2009, 04:58:33 am »

I have two good-ass sandwiches.

1.  Bagel, not toasted, split and both sides spread thickly with cream cheese, bottom half piled with smoked salmon, then plenty of wafer thin slices of red onion, a dollop of hossradish      cream, a tablespoon of capers.

2.  Thick slice of buttered multi-grain bread, lettuce, homemade mayo, cold Wiener schnitzel (This is crucial - it must be cold, or the lettuce will soften and the butter will melt.  This is not good-ass.), salt and pepper, top with second slice of buttered multi-grain.

Those both are indeed good ass sandwiches.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2009, 05:22:25 am »

1.  Bagel, not toasted, split and both sides spread thickly with cream cheese, bottom half piled with smoked salmon, then plenty of wafer thin slices of red onion, a dollop of hossradish cream, a tablespoon of capers.

This must be consumed by me, and soon. This is a damn Good-Ass sandwich.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2009, 06:22:36 am »

jalapeno bagel, toasted and buttered, with two slices of bacon, an over-hard egg, and a slice of tomato
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2009, 02:11:58 pm »

Choop, man, I love you, but jalapeno bagel is a concept that makes me want to claw my own tongue out.

The problem with JS's number 1 good-ass sandwich is that you can get a bagel anywhere nowadays but a good bagel almost nowhere. They are just round bread. If not round bread containing sacrileges like jalapeno or blueberry.

Yes, I am a traditionalist. You gotta problem with that?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2009, 03:56:44 pm »

Adventures in sandwiching continued apace this weekend in Houston.  An LSU frat boy is the unlikely brains behind a hole in the wall po-boy joint in one of my favorite neighborhoods; the usual Cajun staples (fried shrimp, oysters, etc) are all superb, but on Sunday I was feeling a little more...good-ass. Enter the Heart Attack: strips of corn-battered fried catgiraffe, topped with sauteed peppers and onions, lettuce y tomato, a pinkish remmoulade, and two over-medium fried eggs topped with queso, wedged into a cracklingly good French baguette.

If you're not salivating right now, then...well, damn, dude, I've done everything I can.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2009, 03:58:53 pm »

I am so damn mad, because my roommate always complains about bagels in St Louis, and I always thought he was just being a jerk.

Now I have had bagels from brooklyn, and I can never go back to bagels that are just round bread.

I just don't get why people can't make their bagels more like good bagels. Softer and puffier. So good.
I always imagined it was some hard-to-describe difference... not "they are completely different in texture."



Another good-ass sandwich I had recently was a roast beef sandwich with cheddar, mustard and mayo, on dutch crunch roll. This was in San Francisco, and I ate it on a bench in a park in Chinatown. It was very satisfying, and for some reason I think about this sandwich a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2009, 04:14:02 pm »

I just don't get why people can't make their bagels more like good bagels. Softer and puffier. So good.
I always imagined it was some hard-to-describe difference... not "they are completely different in texture."

Supposedly the key is NY city water. This is the same reason that even crappy Sbarro pizza in NY is better than the best pizza anywhere else.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41   Go Up