Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85427 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2009, 04:05:55 am »

good-ass sandwiches cannot be beat.

a friend of mine makes a good-ass banh mi, with pork meatballs. it is a hell of a production to create but omgnum is it worth it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2009, 04:08:00 am »

a friend of mine makes a good-ass banh mi, with pork meatballs. it is a hell of a production to create but omgnum is it worth it.

Sounds amazing. Are the pork meatballs handmade and everything?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2009, 04:08:34 am »

everything is from scratch
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #183 on: March 11, 2010, 08:57:42 pm »

Hey AW, where the hell are you again?  Kentucky, sure, but where?

You don't have to answer that, but what I'm asking is, do you know from Lexington?  If so, tell this guy where to get a good-ass sandwich.
http://www.tylercowensethnicdiningguide.com/2010/03/lexington_kentucky_bleg.php
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #184 on: March 11, 2010, 09:04:21 pm »

Hey AW, where the hell are you again?  Kentucky, sure, but where?

You don't have to answer that, but what I'm asking is, do you know from Lexington?  If so, tell this guy where to get a good-ass sandwich.
http://www.tylercowensethnicdiningguide.com/2010/03/lexington_kentucky_bleg.php

Yeah, I actually saw that. I'm not far from Lexington -- only about 30 miles from work -- but I don't spend any time there.  I was interested in seeing the response so I could try the places out myself.

I do know there are some good sushi places in Lexington.  There's a fairly large Japanese contingent in the area owing to the Toyota plant in Georgetown.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2010, 09:28:58 pm »

Fuck Lexington, you want a good ass sandwich you go to Louisville.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2010, 09:53:12 pm »

You know what is also a good-ass sandwich?  When the higher-ups at your work have a meeting, and they order in incredible food, and there's a bunch left over that they put in the lunch room.  I have often eaten a good-ass sandwich due to such causes.  Free = good.  A tasty new flavour combination I would never think to order = good.  The leavings are often the non-standard food stuffs people wont eat due to familiarity and habit, and I am nothing if not a culinary adventurer  I once had a curried chicken salad sandwich with mother-fuckin cashews in it due to such a circumstance.  It was so fine, I almost cried.  I ate so many sandwich halfs that day. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2010, 10:00:12 pm »

I'm sure I would never choose that sandwich either of my own volition, but it does sound quite tasty.  A rather toothsome delicacy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2010, 04:54:41 am »

Arguments about the true nature of the Cuban sandwich aside, this is kind of true.  There was an amateur cooking competition show on Food Network a while back, Ultimate Recipe Showdown I think it was called.  And in the roast chicken episode, snotty-ass Andrew Knowlton was raving about this woman's Peruvian-style roast chicken with fried yuca.  "Really original," he said.  And I shouted at the TV, "I could take you to a half-dozen places within 30 minutes drive of here that serve the same thing!!"  Not that Peruvian chicken isn't awesome, because it is.  But just because YOU haven't had it before doesn't make it "original."

Speaking of exotic-sounding sandwiches, I'd like a banh mi right about now.

So I was reading this thread from the beginning for some sandwich ideas, but now all I want is some chicharron and fried yuca. Looks like I'll be making a trip down to Provo this weekend, because there is a really good Salvadoran place down there. It's now one of only three reasons that I'll visit Provo for.

And a banh mi would totally rule right now too. But I'll make do with a chicken salad sandwich, and it will be good. Earlier today I had a really decent falafel sandwich, so I've met my exotic-ish sandwich quota for the week.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2010, 05:30:51 am »

Oh man, there is this place in Denver that makes amazing falafels.

So good.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2010, 03:28:07 pm »

Oh man, The Falafel Place is a local joint that rocks the hell out of falafels, to the point where there is no reason to go anywhere else for a falafel, unless you want to be disappointed.  One of the owners, Ami, is basically like Gordan Ramsey, if Gordan Ramsey was Israeli.  The dude makes killer food, and he yells at customers and staff alike, but always in an well intended way.  It's like lunch and a show.  Also, to my surprise this restaurant has over 330 groupies, to which I've added myself.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2010, 11:02:25 pm »

onion roll, asiago cheese, lots of mayo, "american BBQ" chicken breast, dil pickle spear, 2% milk.

YES.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2010, 12:35:39 am »

How is the milk applied?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2010, 12:44:11 am »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2010, 01:18:21 am »

oh.

the pickle is on the side, and the milk is in a tall, cold glass.

I should have gotten pickle slices, but it was a spear.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41   Go Up