Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85529 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #255 on: July 07, 2011, 08:22:16 pm »

I don't think you're the only one. At the bottom of the menu on the truck, it says "It's pronounced 'fi-SELL.'"

That's pretty funny.  There's only so many times a day one could tolerate having someone ask for "a fecal," and I like imagining the person who put that little note up had reach said limit several times.

In the realm of over asked questions that make one feel icky: back in the day, when working at the sculpture garden of eroticized pre-teen adolescents there was only so many times I could diplomatically answer questions about why there are so many sculptures of erotocized pre-teen girls without basically wanting to shrivel up inside.  
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:40:40 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #256 on: July 07, 2011, 09:10:43 pm »

There seems to be a interconnection between ex-cons and bakers for some reason.  That is a thing here too.  I always figured that it was because most of the larger bakeries in the city are nestled right in the same area as the missions, shelters and sex trade areas of the city.

It's because a dude who can walk into any kitchen in the world and make his own damn staff of life is COMPLETELY RAW.

(In Dave's instance, it was a family business.   Also, I cannot eat any other bullshit sandwich slice bread.   Dave has ruined me.)
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #257 on: July 07, 2011, 10:09:03 pm »

I don't have Dave's, but is Rudi's everywhere?  It is pretty boss.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2011, 10:32:53 pm »

That's probably true. When I was waiting tables, LSD was more popular around here, but I think it's been replaced by meth.

Pot is still a perennial favorite, but that's barely even a drug.

I think coke lends itself to waiting tables a little more than some of that other stuff - at least it would for me. The few times I tried to work on acid, shit got complicated, and even the last few times I tried to work after getting stoned it was kind of a bitch (but then again, I was doing very number-intensive shit).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:38 pm »

Meth would work, and it's cheap, and fuck*ng everywhere. Yet, it's one of the few drugs I've never tried.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2011, 11:03:32 pm »

After a recovering meth addict showed me a video of a point of meth being left on a steak over night and eating right through the steak, I decided meth is on my never, ever, never list. 

My theory - you should be able to sprinkle what ever you plan to consume over a piece of meat and have it not burn a hole right through it.  That seems like a reasonable idea to me.

We had two youth we support at my work OD in as many weeks.  One is doing okay, although she is experiencing some drastic consequences, while the other is in a coma with no brain activity.  14 years old and brain dead.  That's garbage.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »

After a recovering meth addict showed me a video of a point of meth being left on a steak over night and eating right through the steak, I decided meth is on my never, ever, never list. 

My theory - you should be able to sprinkle what ever you plan to consume over a piece of meat and have it not burn a hole right through it.  That seems like a reasonable idea to me.

We had two youth we support at my work OD in as many weeks.  One is doing okay, although she is experiencing some drastic consequences, while the other is in a coma with no brain activity.  14 years old and brain dead.  That's garbage.

the thing about that is we are made of meat.  also, those billboards that show a lady aging 40 years in a matter of months of meth use scared me sufficiently.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2011, 03:16:14 am »

I have never tried uppers because I am DAMN SURE I would get addicted even faster than most.

I'd have a stretch of a few months where I would be prolific and confident and thin and it would basically be the best me I've ever been.

And then I would quickly start dying.

I have looked in this crystal ball.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2011, 05:42:57 am »

Be the best you you can be!  It is better to burn out.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2011, 02:10:28 pm »

Sure. Go ahead and blow out young. Anything after 30 is garbage time anyways.

More Social Security left for us.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2011, 02:25:37 pm »

More Social Security left for us.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You keep telling yourself that!

Meth wasn't as compelling for me as other drugs have been. I got into it and it never really had the draw that the other stuff I came across did. Opium, on the other hand - well, it's a good thing I never knew of a steady source for that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2011, 02:29:02 pm »

That's the deal - having access makes all the difference.  These days, I would have to basically contact a stranger if I wanted to go down that road.  It's not my deal anymore - I'm more into spending my spare cash in expensive sushi these days.  Total DINK.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2011, 02:36:30 pm »

That's the deal - having access makes all the difference.  These days, I would have to basically contact a stranger if I wanted to go down that road.  It's not my deal anymore - I'm more into spending my spare cash in expensive sushi these days.  Total DINK.

Well, sushi and shale.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »

I don't even like being drunk any more, I like to be in better control of my faculties than that, thanks.

Back in my ill-spent youth I was OK with tokin' but I was too scared to try anything else. That probably worked out well for me, since I tend to get hooked on things I enjoy (video games, knitting, message boards, etc.)

Thanks, DARE!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2011, 04:48:28 pm »

That's the deal - having access makes all the difference.  These days, I would have to basically contact a stranger if I wanted to go down that road.  It's not my deal anymore - I'm more into spending my spare cash in expensive sushi these days.  Total DINK.

Shouldn't that be DINKY?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41   Go Up