Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85898 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2011, 08:58:54 pm »

Corollary to "you can put your socks in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #316 on: August 05, 2011, 03:07:55 pm »

It is on a lovely summer Friday afternoon that I find myself questioning if there is any way I can find to convince myself it is reasonable to take a half-hour drive from my office to get the best Shawarma available.  That would total an hour of driving if you count the return trip, all for the best quality pita and meat combo.  How far would you go for the best lunch?  How much time would you spend?  I think there is a correlation between the quality of the food and one's williness to go to significant effort to obtain it.  I recently had a discussion with a friend who is moving to Quebec about how I am seriously condiring a future road trip to visit him, but on as an excuse to go to this one place that serves the perfect poutine....

In regard to today's lunch quandry - the thought I am having is that I have two meetings in the area of the pita place on Tuesday and that I need to be grown up and wait til then.  Then again, I just ate a bag of Cheezies at my desk for "breakfast" so adult decision making doesn't seem to be an issue for me today.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #317 on: August 05, 2011, 04:32:08 pm »

cold-salad-days are what make special-lunch-days special.  thats also a metaphor for life, in general.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #318 on: August 05, 2011, 07:18:12 pm »

I would totally go a half-hour each way for a sufficiently good sandwich. In fact, I have already done this. If I am working in the city, and I don't have much on the agenda, I will schlep up to the good-ass Philly-style hoagie place.  Because it is awesome.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #319 on: August 05, 2011, 07:44:30 pm »

Well, I opted for the "work through lunch so I can leave an hour early" route instead.  No sandwich today at all.  It has been a super productive day though - and I'm off in 45mins.  W00t.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #320 on: August 05, 2011, 09:15:35 pm »

I've been seriously considering driving 10 hours (RT) to get my boyhood sandwich so, you know, I believe in the power of a good ass sandwich.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 05:01:57 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #321 on: August 06, 2011, 04:41:31 am »

Of course it's home of the Muffy.  Of course it is.  Because it is clearly a perfect place.  Therefore: home of the Muffy.  I hate olives though, so... I would just order something else, which is sort of a sin at such a place, but on the list of things I hope never to eat, olives are pretty close to human flesh on the scale of bleh for me.

Also, it's interesting to see a big bag of pre-packaged potato chips served at a restaurant.  That's something I've never seem in my neck of the woods.  It's fries all the way typically.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #322 on: August 06, 2011, 05:04:24 am »

I'mma have to vote against olives too.

Vile little buggers.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #323 on: August 06, 2011, 05:05:56 am »

im with them.  olives are satans poop.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #324 on: August 06, 2011, 05:09:51 am »

Yeah, having chewed on my own fingers enough times, I know that human flesh is more palatable than olives to me, the only thing that places it higher on the threshold is the ethical issues really.  When it comes to olives - appearance, texture, flavour and odour all disgust me.  I don't know that there are any other foods that hit the wrong notes for me on all four categories.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #325 on: August 06, 2011, 06:43:41 am »

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.  You're wrong.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #326 on: August 06, 2011, 01:04:58 pm »

Are all you haters talking mostly black olives? I don't hate black olives but generally won't eat them plain.

But there are better olives out there! Don't give up!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #327 on: August 06, 2011, 03:41:56 pm »

Olives rock!

That is all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #328 on: August 06, 2011, 06:24:09 pm »

Plus, what food is better to stick on all ten fingers and then slorp them off one at a time? Try that with a dang corn kernel I dares you.

bugles?

(i'm a fan of the olive, so long as they aren't from a jar - or worse, a can)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2011, 05:33:35 pm »

Olives are awesome:



QED.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41   Go Up