Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85924 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2011, 07:32:20 pm »

Vivid!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #346 on: August 16, 2011, 07:46:19 pm »

The thing is, I know Paul would only do such a thing if you asked him to.  It's not the sort of cruel injustice he would enact on a beautiful instrument or fine sandwich unless the act was consensual by all parties.  If it was consensual though - Paul is all about pleasing.  That's what I think anyway.  Seven-kinky!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #347 on: August 17, 2011, 12:27:17 am »

As you know, Utah is on the way to Portland, if traveling by car.  So I take it you have the Dave's bread in your area?

Yes. Smaller selection, but yes.

Quote
Do you also have a Les Paul and a Marshall?

No. I have a Peavey Predator and a barely working tiny Peavey amp. I know, I know. But the guitar has a really cool Built to Spill sticker!

I've been eating a lot of turkey sandwiches this week.  I roasted a turkey.

I love chicken salad sandwiches, but for the ease of it, and because it's cheaper than buying a roasted chicken for the most part, I use canned chicken. But I'm gonna roast a chicken sometime soon, and make roasted chicken salad. I will be roasting a chicken for the first time in my life. I know, I know.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #348 on: August 17, 2011, 12:51:35 pm »

I've been eating a lot of turkey sandwiches this week.  I roasted a turkey.

I did a turkey on the grill a couple weeks ago, but it was disappointing--I followed a different recipe than usual, and it didn't call for adding wood chips, so it didn't have that smoky flavor that turkey picks up so well.  I have one more turkey in the freezer, and on Labor Day weekend I intend to smoke the hell out of it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #349 on: August 17, 2011, 12:58:47 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #350 on: October 18, 2011, 02:05:36 pm »

i call it The Pain-in-the-Ass Breakfast Sandwich:

i scramble and fry an egg(because thats how i prefer my eggs.  you can fry yours in the way of your people.).  when its done, set it aside.  then, i prepare to make a regular grilled cheese(butter the bread and have cheese ready).  then, while the pan is still good and warm, i lay a slice of bread, butterside-down.  next i lay a slice of cheese, the egg, another slice of cheese, and the last bread, butter side-up.  after all that BS, i fry it up like a basic grilled cheese. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #351 on: October 18, 2011, 02:39:49 pm »

That sounds grelicious. I might try that tomorrow morning.

I have been forcing myself to eat breakfast, even though I hate it. The most I can manage is one egg and one slice of toast with a glass of milk. Lately I have been bribing myself to eat by swapping white cow's milk for chocolate almond milk, and putting the egg in a nest.

Y'all know what I mean, right?



One morning, instead of an egg in a nest, I scrambled it with some chives and rolled it in a tortilla with some sour cream and shredded mexican cheese. Not a sandwich, but still yummy.

Maybe we need a breakfast thread up in here?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #352 on: October 18, 2011, 02:50:06 pm »

coffee, oj, english muffin, canteloupe w/ salt. easy, healthy-ish, tasty.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #353 on: October 18, 2011, 03:00:47 pm »

chives!

There are certain foods that my store does not have that it should have. People LOVE chives! Come on.

Yesterday I finally had the right sandwich from St Louis's favorite deli, Blues City Deli. I think it may have even made me enjoy provel cheese.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #354 on: October 18, 2011, 03:12:14 pm »

Probably the worst thing you can do to sabotage healthy eating habits is skip breakfast. Skipping meals in general is bad, but breakfast in particular. I am not crazy about most breakfast foods, but you know, there isn't a law. If you don't want to eat eggs for breakfast, the chickens aren't going to picket your house. If you want to eat a turkey sandwich for breakfast, no one is going to arrest you.

But, JL, one egg and toast and milk is plenty, why do you think you should be forcing yourself to eat more? Breakfast should not be skipped but it doesn't have to be a five course banquet either.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #355 on: October 18, 2011, 03:13:26 pm »

The smell of food makes me nauseated unless I've been awake for a couple of hours. And by then it's lunch time.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #356 on: October 18, 2011, 03:37:22 pm »

These days I eat a lot of cereal. Alternating between Cracklin' Oat Bran and various sugar cereals my mom wouldn't let me have. I also frequently eat breakfast for dinner. Or just breakfast sausages as the meat with normal dinner foods.

Oh, and the sandwich I had yesterday was the "Benton Park Po' Boy:" ham, turkey, roast beef, provel, pickle, onion, pepperoncini, sweet red pepper sauce. With a Cheerwine. The sweet red pepper sauce is really good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #357 on: October 18, 2011, 04:09:37 pm »

The smell of food makes me nauseated unless I've been awake for a couple of hours. And by then it's lunch time.

Yup.

When I'm at work, I gotta wait a little while and have coffee (and if I'm on nights, I get to eat spaghetti for breakfast oh boy). At home I wait like six hours. It isn't good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #358 on: October 18, 2011, 04:47:17 pm »

But, JL, one egg and toast and milk is plenty, why do you think you should be forcing yourself to eat more? Breakfast should not be skipped but it doesn't have to be a five course banquet either.


No, see. That is the amount I am forcing myself to eat. To me, that is a big breakfast. I would be perfectly happy with the milk by itself, or nothing at all. And I wait an hour after I get up to eat, that's the only way I can eat anything at all. I do love eggs, though; I'm more likely to eat breakfast if I have a quiet house, a fresh carton of eggs, and time to peruse facebook while I sop up yolks with my toast. But I would usually prefer to not eat anything until lunchtime.

However, skipping breakfast makes me do bad things, like scarf an entire bag of mini marshmallows at 11 AM.

Bad things.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #359 on: October 18, 2011, 05:13:41 pm »

Yup. My standard egg-toast-and-milk is 270 calories, I shoot for a 300 calorie lunch and then have about a 200 calorie snack when my son gets home from school. That leaves me 500 - 800 calories for supper and bedtime snack combined; we eat at 6 PM because of the kids and it's by far my biggest meal of the day. I'm too busy to eat a large amount at once before then. And I have something small and tasty (popcorn, these days) as a relax & reward type of dealie after the kids are in bed.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41   Go Up