Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41   Go Down

Author Topic: Good-Ass Sandwich  (Read 85434 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #390 on: October 31, 2011, 09:29:01 pm »

oh man, I hope some day in the future I can learn my grandmother's recipe for Chilean Sopaipillas. It is traditional (at least, in my family) to make little ham and cheese sandwiches with them. Delicious. I do not think she uses pumpkin, she uses some other type of squash.

Considering my mom can't cook them, despite being an accomplished cook who has been eating these all her life, maybe they will take some practice. But then again, I get the impression my mom could cook the Sistine Chapel and my grandma would say "the perspective looks kind of weird, maybe it'll be better next time."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #391 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:40 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #392 on: January 21, 2012, 03:46:35 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #393 on: January 21, 2012, 03:48:38 pm »

Also, terrible site but what about these babies?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #394 on: January 21, 2012, 07:34:59 pm »

Gimme dat egg boat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2012, 07:37:49 pm »

Heavily spiced pork chops, onions, fried eggs on rye with mayo.

So, so good.

I cooked the onions in the grease from the porkchop for extry deliciousness.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #396 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:12 pm »

Today I was suppose to get a sandwich with: crispy chicken breast, sauteed onion, ripe tomato, cheddar and mozzarella, bacon, lettuce and mayo on a cheese and onion bun.  They forgot the sauteed onion.  Is it wrong that although the sandwich was tasty that I was totally distractedly disappointing due to the one missing ingredient?  The restaurant was way too busy for me to bother asking for it to be corrected.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #397 on: February 09, 2012, 04:58:48 pm »

Yesterday, I had a burger. The buns were two grilled cheese sandwiches, one with grilled onions and cheddar, and the other with jalapenos and pepper jack. It was worth it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #398 on: February 09, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »

Ouch.

Yesterday I had a hand made Northern Pike sandwich with cilantro remoulade, ripe tomatoes, crispy onions, lettuce and pickle.  So damn fine.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #399 on: February 09, 2012, 05:40:35 pm »

Ouch.

Yesterday I had a hand made Northern Pike sandwich with cilantro remoulade, ripe tomatoes, crispy onions, lettuce and pickle.  So damn fine.

I'm calling bullshit on that sandwich.  Where are you gonna get vine ripe tomatoes in Winnipeg in February?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #400 on: February 09, 2012, 07:12:20 pm »

They're grown in a hot house my friend.  That is were all our vine ripe tomatoes come from for half the year.  (To be clear, they are not good as a from-the-garden tomato.)    
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2012, 02:30:12 am »

From a truck or a boat?

Having grown up on "ripe" tomatoes that traveled by truck or boat to a similar climate, I can tell you they are a delicious hybrid of cardboard and styrofoam.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #402 on: February 11, 2012, 07:03:22 am »

Word.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2012, 12:32:38 am »

Oh without a doubt.  I once briefly considered the 100 mile diet, but then I thought about living any lengthy period of my life without avocado and, no, I'm not gonna do that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Good-Ass Sandwich
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2012, 03:46:56 pm »

Oh without a doubt.  I once briefly considered the 100 mile diet, but then I thought about living any lengthy period of my life without avocado and, no, I'm not gonna do that.

I . . . would have some difficulty with that diet. Mmmm! Snow and lichen!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41   Go Up