Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)  (Read 45080 times)

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 03:24:28 am »

I always follow along comics like that for a little bit, and then think "I could be watching free movies of actual people having sex" and then I stop reading them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 03:30:05 am »

I always follow along comics like that for a little bit, and then think "I could be watching free movies of actual people having sex" and then I stop reading them.

All pausing the video every ten seconds and then waiting a few days for the authentic "webcomic" experience.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 03:37:43 am »

All pausing the video every ten seconds and then waiting a few days for the authentic "webcomic" experience.

I've never tried that.  Ha ha.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 03:38:22 am »

I'm so old I used to get my porn from magazines.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 04:11:03 am »

I have to say, on some level I wish I was a Victorian Fuckbot.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2009, 04:20:48 am »

I imagine this as being similar to wishing you were an Oscar Meyer weiner, smick.

(ALSO: "movies of actual people having sex" would also be a great posting title.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 04:21:38 am »

Posting titles are like band names that way.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 04:29:58 am »

oh man, Band Names.

Lately I keep finding things where... the concept that the words mean would be such a good band name, but the phrase itself is not a good band name.


My current favorite is "Toes as Pigs," which is how the "this little piggy..." rhyme was listed in this psychology paper I read. (it had to do with games children knew by a certain age)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 04:52:14 am »

on halloween my neighbor dressed as a zombie rollergirl and i knew the instant i saw her that 'roller zombie army' would be an awesome movie title
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2009, 04:58:03 am »

From when the Victorian fuckbot comic got linked on Cracked:

Quote from: Remington
Are you sure you posted that in the right thread?

Are you sure you didn't mean to post it in the "Rationalize your love of cartoon porn by slapping a monocle on the fuck robot" thread?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2009, 05:00:48 am »

do you see bluemoon

do you see how many people you have scarred with your victorian fuckbot comixxx

i shall can you and pretend to forget the whole incident
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2009, 05:09:22 am »

Zap! Pow! Comics aren't just for kids anymore!
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2009, 05:20:50 am »

In all seriousness, Bluemoon, even though I couldn't get through more than a few pages of that comic it is obviously really well drawn and even if no one ever stops making fun of you it is probably an okay thing for a person to like.

Yeah, it gets oddly and satisfyingly better the more the story progresses. 

But just because no one pounced on greenkoolayd for linking Menage a 3 doesn't mean you deserve to be surprised by the general reactions.

Huh...I must be EXTRA-weird because I checked that one out after he posted the link, and I'm really enjoying it.  Got all up to current in about an hour of surprised and occasionally shocked laughter.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2009, 08:40:47 am »

Bluemoon72 has hell of moral turpitude when it comes to webcomics.
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2009, 08:54:33 am »

I will say, I liked the strip one of y'all linked about the modestly-good-looking girls who go to art school together.

Kinda despite myself! Most web-comics about college are pretty much the same wish-fulfillment screed on the topic of how someone wished they were in college and/or clearly just an awkward fictionalization of the author's life and... no, no, while it played with some of the genre cliches a little too much, it was pretty good.

I suppose most genres, no matter how tired, end up with a few good examples, if only by sheer math.

Except for "Comic About Jerks Way Too Much Into Computer Games and How Snarky They Think They Are." Uniformly terrible.

(Also, I now seem to ONLY be able to post in this thread?)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up