Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)  (Read 45105 times)

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2009, 12:04:19 am »

Cat and Girl has storylines? I knew I didn't always get it, but I had no idea I was missing that much.

They're pretty rare and short and don't have too much continuity to them, so you aren't missing as much as you think!
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2009, 12:27:47 am »

I am a Future Corpse of America.

This is my favorite of all time (being a Portlander) http://catandgirl.com/?p=2061
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 12:52:35 am »

Speaking of which... this is an unusually drawn Girl, don't you think? What happened to her breasts?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 03:11:26 am »

Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 10:44:44 am »

Oh ^^. So she's a small girl, I get it now.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2009, 05:07:26 pm »

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but what about XKCD? IIRC, this has come up in the past, and a lot of people here enjoy it.

The larger question is, which of these strips should have their own fora here? I don't want to turn this place into Dumbrella, but I think having more than one comic in our "other comics" section would be nice.

I nominate XKCD and PBF. I don't read PBF, but it seems to be popular enough.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2009, 05:22:33 pm »

PBF doesn't update anymore.

(Post that says "how is that different from Achewood" in 3... 2... 1... )
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2009, 10:58:06 pm »

I would be for a PBF fora if the strip weren't dead.

I think Daisy Owl is the only one that has really collectively captured the hearts of the board at large I think.

I would lobby for an 'Other Comics' fora though for everything else.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2009, 11:06:48 pm »

XKCD is very hit and miss, like Michael J. Fox playing darts.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2009, 01:46:32 am »

I would be fore a Powerup Comics fora if the strip weren't dead.

Seriously though, Cat and Girl seems like it could lead to some neat discussions with you guys, so if someone with more History than me nominated that I would be in favor.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2009, 02:38:41 am »

I vote for XKCD for sure, and perhaps Pictures for Sad Children, Wondermark, and **ducks** Chester 5000 XYV.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2009, 03:06:58 am »

Kate Beaton gets my vote.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2009, 03:14:00 am »

I like XCKD only when viewed through it's companion http://xkcdexplained.com/.

"Note: the author feels that women are superior to men."

In response to the naughty masturbots from earlier, I give you the NSFW/H/S http://www.oglaf.com - Rough Medieval Sexual Chuckles. 
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2009, 09:19:52 am »

I am a HUGE fan of overexplaining jokes. Holy crap. Well-linked, smickelodeon.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2009, 03:15:07 pm »

XKCD is very hit and miss, like Michael J. Fox playing darts.

Cann'd for rough, trembling chuckles.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up