Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)  (Read 45114 times)

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2009, 03:50:36 pm »

...and **ducks** Chester 5000 XYV.

Brilliant realization:  "Victorian Fuck Bots" would be an excellent name for a fantasy sports team.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »

Cann'd for rough, trembling chuckles.

[X] Agreement box.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2009, 07:18:50 pm »

Brilliant realization:  "Victorian Fuck Bots" would be an excellent name for a fantasy sports team.

Oooh, or a kick-ass trivia team!  Hey, is anyone else geeky enough to love the National Pop Culture Trivia Challenge, hosted by some guy who I know isn't Jimmy Carr, but has his sense of humor, and whom I am too lazy to Google?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2009, 06:46:15 pm »

I like XCKD only when viewed through it's companion http://xkcdexplained.com/.
Holy cow.  Hell of a lot of work there.  Since its a team effort, it might actually have legs.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2009, 06:57:19 pm »

Xkcd Explained can't hold a candle to The Original.

Note: Joe Mathlete and I once had a geek out together about Achewood.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2009, 07:14:01 pm »

Note: Joe Mathlete and I once had a geek out together about Achewood.

I know Joe.

Thought I had some pictures posted of the Mathletes playing, but I guess not.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2009, 08:49:06 pm »

Xkcd Explained can't hold a candle to The Original.
Holy shit. I don't know him or anything about him, but this Joe Mathlete guy was directly responsible for my discovery of Achewood. I totally forgot about that. Please thank him for me next time you see him. I know it was just a link from a blog (which, incidentally, I read for all of about thirty minutes and never returned to), but it literally changed my life.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2009, 08:49:54 pm »

Huh. It's not letting me link to the page. Well, it was this one: http://joemathlete.blogspot.com/2007/09/fk-you-PLEASE, DO NOT MENTION THAT HERE.html
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2009, 08:51:03 pm »

SpinnWebe covered the Marmaduke Explained concept back when he was asked to stop the Dysfunctional Family Circus.

I'm not saying he stole it, but... he doesn't make that kinda money, y'know?
Logged

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2009, 08:52:52 pm »

What the hell? Does he make it so that his blog can't be linked to? Bizarre.

Anyway, thank him for me and tell him to fix that. It's dumb.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2009, 08:54:52 pm »

That's not his fault, that's one of our stupid filters. The admins ought to do something about that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2009, 08:56:33 pm »

That's not his fault, that's one of our stupid filters. The admins ought to do something about that.
Oh, OK. Wait...aren't you an admin?
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2009, 09:06:36 pm »

XKCD Explained is a cross between a helpful reference and that girl in middle school who always said, "That's stupid; why do you like that?"
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2009, 07:17:38 am »

XKCD Explained is a cross between a helpful reference and that girl in middle school who always said, "That's stupid; why do you like that?"
Thankyou, that was my thought.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: webcomics i have loved(and continue to love)
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2009, 04:29:40 pm »

I have not revisited it in a while, but back in the day I found Sexy Losers hilarious.

Lots of cartoon fuck*ng. It is very possible that I only liked it because I still thought "LOL, sex." And like, oh, dark humor is so funny. Haha, fuck*ng a corpse, haha.

edit: yes, I think I am right, what you are really choosing to look at is "things daniel could convince himself were funny in order to justify looking at cartoon tits when he was 16."

I removed the link, because... if you want to see this, you should probably have to kind of try to see it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 04:39:20 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up