Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations  (Read 5863 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« on: November 10, 2009, 10:07:29 pm »

Here are the categories.  If you want to nominate someone in any or all of these categories do it via PM.

MVP (Most Valuable Poster):  Who do you think makes the best post, the criteria is totally up to you what entails a good poster.

Most Popular (formerly Mr/Ms Congeniality):  This is the poster that you like the best.  Someone you could see yourself hanging out with IRL and having a drink and sharing a laugh.

Newbie of the Year (formerly Best N00b):  Which Newbie made the best impact on you this year.

Gone But Not Forgotten (Formerly MIA but still in our hearts):  This is someone from the boards past that for whatever reason no longer posts around these parts.  Who is your favorite long lost poster?

Best Thread:  Which thread brought the funny and or EDUCATION the most this year.  This is a good chance for newbs and oldtimers alike to spend a little bit of time in the archives remembering what made TOUAMB good this past year.  Remember to include a link with your nomination so I don't have to spend much time trying to find it.  I'll take nominations on threads with starting dates back to October 2008.

Comic of the Year:  Not really about TOUAMB, but whatever.  What was your favorite Achewood comic of 2009.  Will accept nominations going back to October of 2008.

Once a reasonable number of nominations have been gathered I will post polls for the general population to vote on.

Remember to make your nominations via Private Message to me Pmcd9. 

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:24:01 am »

But wait, there's more.  One additional category has been added.

Stealth Poster of the Year:  This person keeps a low profile but their contributions are virtually always welcome.

So far I've received only one PM.  Start seriously thinking about those nominations and send them to me Pmcd9
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:16:57 pm »

Still looking for nominations for TOUAMBies.  So far only a few responses.  I'm only going to hold the nominating period open for a short while so please take the time to make your nominations.

Thanks!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 11:33:13 pm »

Can we nominate more than one person for the same award?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 11:47:28 pm »

i did
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 04:47:49 pm »

Can we nominate more than one person for the same award?

I say yes.  As of yet I haven't received enough nominations to make a proper poll for some categories.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:49:15 pm »

This is your daily reminder to submit your nominations.  I've only heard from a few of you so far.  Make sure your favorites are represented, vote today.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 04:50:46 pm »

Maybe you should nag people in other threads.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 04:51:57 pm »

Good idea.  Submit your nominations or I'm gonna bring the nagging to you!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 06:11:58 pm »

I nominate Robert T. "Bobby" Isosceles.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 06:26:12 pm »

I nominate Robert T. "Bobby" Isosceles.

Troll of the year.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 06:27:47 pm »

Troll of the century.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 06:30:17 pm »

Troll of the year.

Seriously? You're into this? I know... a guy, we can make it happen.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 06:33:21 pm »

Seriously? You're into this? I know... a guy, we can make it happen.

No, he's the lifetime achievement award winner. 

Although he deserves mention because he is indirectly responsible for bringing JL back to the board.

Thanks Mr. Wonderful!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIE 2009 Nominations
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 06:43:09 pm »

No, he's the lifetime achievement award winner. 

Although he deserves mention because he is indirectly responsible for bringing JL back to the board.

Thanks Shithead!

He is also directly responsible for my relinquishing my admin privileges. Enjoy the regime change.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up