Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Google Wave  (Read 7041 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Google Wave
« on: November 11, 2009, 12:45:07 am »

Who's on? I got an invite today - we know a guy who works at Google. If you're on, post here so we can find each other.

I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I'll post again when I figure the thing out.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 01:02:17 am »

Im on. Lets start a company so we can actually do something with it. I mean, it will be nice once it hits critical mass, but right now its like being the only man on earth with a telephone.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 01:03:25 am »

i'm on with one of my aliases, and a-cap nailed the feeling.

PM for my wave address.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:10:16 am »

so its like gmaill chat, only you can share other crap?  i still dont see what the big deal is...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 05:23:04 am »

it's like IM + IRC and embedded videos and maps and shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxF9oz9Cu0
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 06:54:40 am »

it's like IM + IRC and embedded videos and maps and shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxF9oz9Cu0

i totally went and found that video on my own a while ago.  its a decent idea, but i dont have many people i communicate with in that way.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 07:15:11 am »

I saw that last week and decided it was the coolest damn thing ever but that no one I know would use it, so I didn't apply for an invite. Except now I have, because of you.
Just when I think I'm out...
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:48:09 am »

I've been using Wave for a Secret Project it's pretty suited to and it's been tip-top, except for becoming painfully slow when a wave gets too long.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 02:21:19 pm »

Oh god, not another new technology.... get back to me when they have a real advance like Smell-o-vision or something, OK?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 02:39:40 pm »

Remember when a new technology was something to get excited about?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 02:56:08 pm »

Choop and I had a conversation last night and I can see the advantage over AIM or whatever. Itll be nice once everyone has it.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 04:12:08 pm »

tbh a-cap it was exactly like IRC except threaded.

one feature it's missing (that i thought it was supposed to have) is pasting random pictures and clips of webpages, like in google reader. THAT shit would get awesome. instead you can embed videos and maps but not simple pictures and clippings.

also a-cap were you drunk because you kept. going. off. topic. gah. i didn't want to say anything last night because i thought it might be rude but i'm distanced from it now so yeah.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 04:59:28 pm »

tbh a-cap it was exactly like IRC except threaded.

one feature it's missing (that i thought it was supposed to have) is pasting random pictures and clips of webpages, like in google reader. THAT shit would get awesome. instead you can embed videos and maps but not simple pictures and clippings.

also a-cap were you drunk because you kept. going. off. topic. gah. i didn't want to say anything last night because i thought it might be rude but i'm distanced from it now so yeah.
I was doing two dozen things last night, our conversation was one of them. Sorry about that. Let us know how the home audio thing works out.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:13:25 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 05:53:09 pm »

I was doing two dozen things last night

A 12 pack?

So, I am all waved up, and man... I do not get it yet.

The future is scary.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Google Wave
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 08:48:31 pm »

PM me your username and I will hook us up.

We can learn together.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up