Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex  (Read 5836 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« on: November 11, 2009, 08:35:34 pm »

http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2009-11-11

Okay, I chuckled audibly at this one.

The whole bottom row is fantastic.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 08:42:11 pm »

Whimsy!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:50:38 pm »

I like that I don't have to check two comic sites daily to see if they've updated, but can just come here instead.

This is convenient for me.

Also, I think "affix" is perfectly reasonable onomatopoeia and should not have been rejected.

ETA: I just sent Ben Driscoll a message letting him know about this forum. Hopefully he will be honored and not pissed off.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:55:59 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Driscoll

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
    • Daisy Owl
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:58:42 pm »

I got your message, I am super flattered.

You know, I already have an account here, I've posted a few times in the Daisy Owl thread.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 09:00:01 pm »

Also, I think "affix" is perfectly reasonable onomatopoeia and should not have been rejected.

QFT
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 09:05:53 pm »

I got your message, I am super flattered.

You know, I already have an account here, I've posted a few times in the Daisy Owl thread.

Neat! Thanks for stopping by again! You must have come in during my most recent yearlong hiatus. Feel free to stop in as often as you like, and to disregard anything you read here as the incoherent blathering of a community of fools.

It's how we all stay sane.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 09:17:35 pm »

I would've totally chosen the lucky Groucho glasses.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 09:30:10 pm »

I am glad this is a flashback so we know that everything is going to be OK.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 09:36:23 pm »

I showed this comic to my toddler and she correctly identified Cooper as a baby and decided that he needed more applesauce.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 05:43:28 am »

That is what babies nearly always need.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 05:59:12 am »

I showed this comic to my toddler and she correctly identified Cooper as a baby and decided that he needed more applesauce.

you are raising her up right, indeed.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 08:15:34 am »

Somewhere in that box there is a lucky locket with a picture of your sweetheart. That lucky charm is the roller skate of lucky charms.

I am supporting Mr. Driscoll in his rejection of Affix, I enjoy unusual onomatapeia but think his solution is more classy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 08:13:09 pm »

I seem to be only able to post in this forum part.

Did I, uh, piss someone off and not know it?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 08:19:35 pm »

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is routinely flummoxed by the group permissions.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 2009-11-11 Do Not Hex
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 08:20:54 pm »

I seem to be only able to post in this forum part.

Did I, uh, piss someone off and not know it?

Try now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up