Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit  (Read 8554 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 08:23:57 am »

I love exactly 1 Cure Album.
it is the one that sounds least like the cure.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2009, 08:30:44 am »

Boys Don't Cry?  Because god damn that is good.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2009, 10:54:56 am »

Closest match I got was Cornelius (or the uncle about whom Philippe thinks about, who went splat upon barbed wire [because once this actually happened]).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:07:02 am by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2009, 02:54:41 pm »

so...many....cans....to...give....must. ....keep ....    up .......... strength
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2009, 03:50:50 pm »

oh, yes, Boys Don't Cry.

Boys Don't Cry is the same as Three Imaginary Boys plus that one song, right? I have Three Imaginary Boys because it was only like 12 bucks, and Boys Don't Cry was 20 bucks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2009, 04:15:53 pm »

this strip is the volvo of despair of webcomics

This Strip!  My Heart's Explodin'!  My basal nervous system needs a selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2009, 04:23:50 pm »

this strip is the volvo of despair of webcomics

was what I was trying to say.
Logged

TripperDay

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 46
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:13 pm »

Paul, I am on the same page as you and the Bear.

In retrospect, the last... eight or nine years of my life seem to be one long unending string of situations wherein I was handed the keys to destiny and, time after time, did not realize the fact until on reflection afterwards excepting a few cases wherein I knew what I was possibly getting into, decided that I would only embarass myself, and got out of dodge before I could humiliate myself in the effort.

I... need to be less like this.

I'm glad other people are feeling this. It shouldn't matter, but it does.
Logged

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2009, 11:05:35 pm »

Easily the best strip of the year so far. I think it's on the fast track to a spot in at least the all time top 30 in my book. It's like a punch in the brain.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

Dullscythe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 22
  • :(
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 06:54:39 am »

I had the Philippe moment when I was 6. I met an uncle who asked if I had the ability to remove my limbs; I said no, I did not. He then took off his right leg from the knee down, which was a big surprise to my six year old self. Later, after I stopped hiding and crying, my father told me about how my uncle had fallen from a barn roof as a teenager. He landed in the hay, but unfortunately, there was a pitchfork there and it went through his leg.

I had the Ray moment a year ago. I only dealt with it within the last month due to "forgetting" about it at every opportunity, until it could not be put off any longer.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2009, 07:02:27 am »

I was briefly confused and thought that the above was an example of a made-up sex act, as per a different thread in a different place.

I was... exponentially confused as I read further and further into the posting.

I don't know if I'm horrified that this actually happened or relieved that at least this was not made up by a person's imagination.

Because then, like, maybe imagination would be too dangerous for this world and I had enjoyed imagination to this point.

I was sorry to see that it would have to be banned.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2009, 07:23:55 pm »

All sex acts were made up once.  The power is in our hands to change.

The Philippe Moment should never be one, though.
Logged

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 12:00:43 am »

this strip keeps reminding me that one of the chief reasons I read Achewood is because Onstad knows the difference between melancholy and maudlin. And he knows which one hurts.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 04:28:11 am »

All sex acts were made up once.  The power is in our hands to change.

Sig'd!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: November 15, 2009 - A black freckle in his armpit
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2009, 05:40:56 am »

this strip keeps reminding me that one of the chief reasons I read Achewood is because Onstad knows the difference between melancholy and maudlin. And he knows which one hurts.

Have a can for the insight.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up