Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)  (Read 16113 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 11:52:48 pm »

I worked for a software support outsourcing company in the mid to late 90s.

I stopped reading Dilbert, as I could start tacking them up on my cube wall until they became a complex suicide note so perfect that no one could blame me.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 11:57:26 pm »

I'll have to come back to you on The Far Side, though. Was that a TV show?

You don't know the power of The Far Side?


I know this topic has already been covered, I just wanted to make that joke
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 04:12:01 am »

It's basically The Far Side on PCP.

I had this thought while going through the PBF archive. Well, it was like, "this is kind of like The Far Side, but fucked up"
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 04:39:54 am »

I liken PBF more to Charles Addams.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 08:12:23 am »

So, uh, this seems like an appropriate thread for Comic Strip Club.

Holy shit.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 08:57:38 pm »

Unshelved (I work for the library, so I'm faced with these every day. Someone always has one hanging on his or her cubicle. I have this thing I do where I take them down.)

Irregular Webcomic

Yehuda Moon (Thank you Fuck you, Smick.)

Molotov Cocktail (Terrible art and comic sans dialogue.)

User Friendly

And...

Webcomics which everyone seems crazy about which I find to be so-so at best:

XKCD

Penny Arcade (I'll concede that it's a little funny occasionally, but the art is just ridiculously annoying. It belongs on greeting cards for children or something.)

Dinosaur Comics (Often funny, but I will never consider it an actual comic for obvious reasons. It's not a funny comic. It's a funny....something else.)

Hahah rb, that post was so snarky and peevish. Tiny can. I love it.
Logged

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 09:24:27 pm »

Hahah rb, that post was so snarky and peevish. Tiny can. I love it.
Yes, but what do you hate?
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 10:41:48 pm »

Yes, but what do you hate?

Ehh, I just un-bookmark comics after they've stopped being funny. If I don't have it bookmarked, it's pretty much dead to me. I can't think of one that annoys me off the top of my head.

I used to read SMBC, Bruno, Diesel Sweeties, PBF, Octopus Pie, Scary-Go-Round, etc. I think some of those comics don't even publish anymore.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2009, 02:44:08 pm »

Apparently many of you hate Penny Arcade, but for those who don't:  can anyone explain this post to me?  Don' get it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2009, 03:56:17 pm »

Apparently many of you hate Penny Arcade, but for those who don't:  can anyone explain this post to me?  Don' get it.
They're referring to this strip.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2009, 10:09:13 pm »

Man, I've got half a mind to write my own bombastic novel series about a human falling in love with a supernatural creature. That is where the money is. Except I'd make mine ridiculous on purpose, instead of accidentaly.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2009, 10:22:09 pm »

I've been thinking of writing a novel about a vampire who is trying to live a normal life but is constantly pursued by crazy Twilight fans.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 11:02:44 pm »

Dude that would kick. (That means it would be awesome.)

Maybe he could fall in love with a girl who doesn't give a shit about Twilight and reads Real Books.


SPOILERS AHEAD FOR GROSSE POINT BLANKK AND AMERICAN PSYCHO










Maybe she thinks he's kidding when he says he's a vampire, like how nobody believed Martin Blank in Grosse Point Blank, or how nobody listened to Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:44:54 pm by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 05:39:52 pm »

Oh shit, two days later and I realized that I accidentally spoiled Groose Point Blank and american Psycho. Shit. I'll put that shit in spoiler tags.

Wait, do we even have spoiler tags?

It appears that we don't.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:43:17 pm by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Choop

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Webcomics I have hated (and continue to hate)
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 06:01:02 pm »

if anybody hasn't seen those fillums yet it's on them, ain't like we're talkin about avatar or the dexter finale
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up