Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dammit, people.  (Read 4105 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Dammit, people.
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:56:27 pm »

I have shit to do. Why do you have to be so interesting today?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:31:44 pm »

I find the correlation is almost perfect - when I have no work and need entertainment the board is dead, and when I am busy and can't keep up people are posting like there's no tomorrow.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 06:32:43 pm »

I blame Paul for starting up the TOUAMBies and making me read old, 5-page threads that I missed when I was away.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 07:43:53 pm »

This is as good a place as any for the story I want to post. 

We had dinner at a friend's house the other night.  The kids (ours and theirs) picked at their food for a while, told stoopid jokes and made each other laugh uproariously, then asked to be excused, and they dashed off to the playroom.

Some time later, my youngest (who is four) comes back upstairs, and comes through the kitchen to the dining room, saying what sure as hell sounds like "twat twat twat twat twat."

Um, excuse me?  "What are you doing, sweetie?"

"Riding Roscoe!"  Roscoe is her stuffed hoss.  She is clutching Roscoe between her legs, and has a bean necklace around his neck and is holding it like reins.

I think for a moment, and it dawns on me.  "Ohhhhh... trot trot trot.  Got it.  Carry on."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:18:42 pm »

My son has been playing around with the idea of adults getting time-out. He thinks it's funny when Pedro models bad behavior and then pretends to put himself in time-out - he pouts, stomps, and generally acts like, well, a child. So Little P has been trying to get his dad into time-out.

He knows that the sure-fire way to get in trouble around here is to hit someone else, so lately he's been putting up his hand as if to give a high-five, and when Pedro puts his hand up, Little P will slam his forehead into Pedro's palm and say, "Papa! Don't hit your [little P]."

He's started parroting this out of context, and we're now a little concerned that he's going to say it at school and we're going to get a surprise visit from a social worker.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 01:20:23 am »

My youngest runs up to me in public and demands to "pull Daddy's finger"

You must be so proud!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 09:19:40 pm »

Little P will slam his forehead into Pedro's palm and say, "Papa! Don't hit your [little P]."

That tickled me in a way which indicates kids might not cause the end of all civilisation. Your children give us hope.
I don't know why the only time I think kids aren't a terrible idea is when they're behaving like Calvin...

Apropos of... Well this thread I guess, I only never came back 'cause I knew I'd spend the whole bloody evening saying 'just one more thread...'
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 09:27:20 pm »

That tickled me in a way which indicates kids might not cause the end of all civilisation. Your children give us hope.
I don't know why the only time I think kids aren't a terrible idea is when they're behaving like Calvin...

Apropos of... Well this thread I guess, I only never came back 'cause I knew I'd spend the whole bloody evening saying 'just one more thread...'

Yeah, that's the thing about this board - it's so crowded nobody ever comes here anymore.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 12:33:23 am »

It's a good thing Slink wasn't nominated for Gone But Not Forgotten.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 05:50:37 am »

oh, he was.


HE WAS.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 12:29:38 am »

Yea, I only came back on the offchance I could interfere with the organisingness.
Plus this way I'll be elligible next year!

Fnar.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dammit, people.
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 05:44:03 am »

I haven't been around at all in the past year or two, but I'm still annoyed I didn't win any TOUAMBIES.
Pages: [1]   Go Up