Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber  (Read 18668 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 03:01:00 am »

Yeah, the beard looks fine on you, Danevitable.

The mustache... is somewhere between "mailman" and "on a sex offender list in Montana".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 03:11:28 am »

yeah, i was pretty happy with that beard.
Since then my hair has grown out some, been cut, grown out again, etc. My face has also filled out some, which is nice.
Also my facial hair has started coming in much redder. I don't know what's up with that.

the mustache is not a great thing for the long term. I think this picture was taken before I trimmed it a little more and made it look less... 70s.
It is a cool look, I actually kind of like it, but it made people assume I was one/all of the following:
-a pedophile
-a douchey hipster
-trying to look like a dad or something?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 03:13:28 am »

You must be unhinged. 

Bobby? Unhinged?

Naww.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 03:39:30 am »

With you there, man. My Irish and Danish genes do not lend themselves well to significant body hair of any sort, really.

Well apparently English and Danish genes do. But I can never get much past the first 3 weeks of not shaving, so I'd trade my beard-having ability for a wee bit less body hair.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 04:05:20 am »



awww!  your little lady is cute like you!

How hard have you tried? You may want to try harder.

if he tries too hard, he'll pop a blood vessel in his eye.  or an o-ring......



joseph gordon-levitt, much?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:39:45 am by jay-ell »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 04:13:31 am »

Oh god, all you hairy-faced men need to PM me your pictures.  NOW.  I love beards.  Oh my god.  Fingers in beards, FTW.


BEARDLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 04:26:31 am »

you look like my dad from 1977 with that moustache
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2009, 04:31:00 am »

Mo'vember.  The glottal pause is necessary.  My local radio Morning Show has been participating, and follows up any mention of Mo'vember with "Check your nuts and butts" as a men's health reminder.

are you implying a triliteral arabic root M-B-R meaning "facial hair" ?
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2009, 04:41:52 am »

this is from this past april, i think... :



 i shaved it all off shortly thereafter, but now my beard is back and in even full-er effect.  ill post new a new pic soon because my hair is newly shortened.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 04:47:25 am »

awww!  your little lady is cute like you!

Yes, she is cute EXACTLY like me.

Someday I will get around to posting baby pictures of myself to prove it.

Not only does my son routinely mistake photos of me as a baby for my daughter, so does my mother-in-law. 

It's kind of wonderful, especially after having a boy who looks exactly like his father.
 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 04:53:03 am »

Inev, definitely the beard.  Definitely only for irony the mustache.    ;)

AWest; very nice beard!  Distinguished yet jazzy.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 04:57:26 am »


It's kind of wonderful, especially after having a boy who looks exactly like his father

oh my, jay-ell, that's the cutest little boy I've ever seen.  My heart!  What a doll!
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2009, 05:15:00 am »

oh my, jay-ell, that's the cutest little boy I've ever seen.  My heart!  What a doll!

Aww, shucks.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2009, 05:43:34 am »

i hope you dont get a complex from all these compliments, j-l.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:04:47 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: November is The Month of the Moustache, aka Movemeber
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 01:08:46 pm »

I'm not sure I have a picture of myself.  :)
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up