Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Secret Santa  (Read 22070 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2009, 07:11:24 pm »

radical hat!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2009, 07:19:20 pm »

Why did mine not get there yet? I am disturbed.

In this episode I attempt to simultaneously ease your mind and leave you disturbed all over again.

(The package arrived sometime yesterday and was left on my porch.  I saw it when I was on my way out to play last night.  I opened it up this morning.)
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2009, 07:30:28 pm »

What are the ones I can kind of see around the edges?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2009, 07:32:31 pm »

Wombats!

That photo is awesome.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2009, 08:32:12 pm »

Awesome hat!  Awesome cookies!  I am overcome with the awesomeness.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2009, 03:03:59 am »

Mine arrived today (you can relax), but I am having a camera fail. Pics soon.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2009, 04:25:50 am »

Pics! Because waiting 'til the last day before I leave home isn't good enough, I have waited 'til the last hour.



"You have received a gift subscription to art! from [CortJstr]. This installment includes music by Dominick Parris and Rachel England (art). You will recieve two more installments from other dispatch artists. Enjoy your art experience"

Full photoset here.

Thank you, Cort! This is an awesome gift, so unique. I feel...worldlier.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2009, 04:41:12 am »

Can someone please explain what exactly Cort gave JL, Im lost.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2009, 04:48:02 am »

It's a custom-designed piece of art, and the CD (I just found out via chat) has 3 songs that the songwriter/singer wrote specifically for my son! I will get 2 more installments of art (and maybe music? we'lll find out!) over the next 2 months from different artists chosen by Cort. I think he can explain it better, though.

Edit: Check out the flicker photoset, the captions explain a lot.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2009, 04:50:33 am »

Can someone please explain what exactly Cort gave JL, Im lost.

I got her a 3 month subscription to Project Dispatch. So each month she'll get some kind of art from a different artist around the country.

This package is a CD with 3 songs written by Dominick Parris and his son Jones (age 4). The songs were written with Little P in mind. Rachel England sewed the holder-dealie and created the inserts.

The other installments will likely be different. I'd asked for it to be two random artists but Nick had so much fun he was talking about taking over the whole subscription.

The other artists do everything from music to collage to paintings. My favorite is a woman who takes those little pyramid photo-viewers you get at amusement parks and in front of the pictures she puts tiny figurines of animals to create a 3D effect.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2009, 05:21:08 am »

Not really Secret Santa, but awhile ago I expressed interest in this Daisy Owl poster. Bluemoon said she'd be happy to get it for me, and lo and behold, it showed up yesterday! Looks just like the picture, except signed by Ben Driscoll.

It also included a sweet little note from Bluemoon by way of Ben, with a cool little doodle of Mr Owl on it, thusly:

(pen included to show scale)

So, thanks a million to Mr Driscoll and the inimitable Ms Bluemoon! I plan on mounting and/or framing this thing someplace.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2009, 05:22:58 am »

bluemune is one of the best ladies out there.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2009, 07:49:36 am »

Blue Moon is a wonderful lady.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2009, 01:19:59 am »

Today I received a package from a certain Asherdan.

It's a 45/70 Government cartridge with a hosshair brush from the tail of the hoss made famous via many posts here.

I appreciate holding back on the key ring aspect.



I read the letter describing it before I opened the actual package which left me with quite the interesting mental picture of what was inside. The part about hoss Farts was particularly vivid.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2009, 04:30:04 am »

an awesomestrange gift.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up