Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Secret Santa  (Read 22037 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2009, 11:03:55 pm »

If I recall correctly, The Mayor had recommended The '59 Sound to Wombat (which I remember because it's an album I also like quite a bit). As to how he knew none of the stuff had actually been purchased? Mayor's intuition.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2009, 11:12:15 pm »

...mailed!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2009, 11:44:19 pm »

I don't give a shit if he's not my Secret Santa I want that mixdisc.

Mine is almost done.  We ARE doing a mixdisc trade right?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2009, 01:41:09 am »

I don't mean to spoil the Secret Santa magic, but:  Amazon wish list.

Except for the pug toy, I just didn't want them to feel left out.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2009, 02:02:54 am »

Well knock me over with a feather, I had no idea that anyone could see my Amazon wish list.

Huh, I should more careful to remove stuff from it that I have bought elsewhere.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2009, 04:54:29 am »

I am interested in hearing your opinion on Mr. Klostermann. I remember really disliking him, but I do not remember why at all. it is very possible that he just said something that made me mad.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2009, 01:22:45 pm »

I remember I said on the board here somewhere about a music review he wrote, that it made me want to read more of his writing instead of making me want to go out and buy the music, and I couldn't decide if that meant he had done his job as a writer really well or really badly.

But then I went to the bookstore and glanced through the book of his that they had there and thought there was definitely a chance that I would be cross if I paid full price for a whole book of his because it seemed likely that a whole book of him would be annoying. So I put it on the wish list and sat on it.

So it is the perfect present basically, something I wanted but didn't want to buy for myself.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2009, 02:22:28 pm »

I quite like him, but I can see how other people might find him annoying.  He's the type of writer I think I could be if I spent a lot more time and energy trying to be clever.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2009, 03:15:28 pm »

Now I'm afraid mine is going to look like a very small, insignificant thing.

Dear recipient: It doesn't look like much, but it came from the heart.

You guessed it. It's a pint of arterial blood.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2009, 06:20:40 am »

i shipped mines yesterday.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »

I have a new hat.  It is my hat.  You may not wear it.  No one can wear it but me.

How can you tell?



CUZ IT HAS MY NAME ON IT.  THAT'S RIGHT, ME LLAMO CARLOS DEL VACA.  DO YOU HAVE A HAT LIKE THIS?  NO YOU JUST WISH YOU DID.

My imaginary internet friend Jay-Ell made it.  SHE IS RAD.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2009, 01:38:57 pm »

Whaaaaaat!

That is pretty amazing. Makes me feel bad that my gift is from the store and not from the heart.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2009, 02:12:30 pm »

Why did mine not get there yet? I am disturbed.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2009, 04:12:26 pm »

I have a new hat.  It is my hat.  You may not wear it.  No one can wear it but me.

Jinkies!  That is an excellent hat and a wonderful gift.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2009, 05:18:56 pm »

I have a new hat.  It is my hat.  You may not wear it.  No one can wear it but me.

I'm so glad it fits! I made it such that it would fit Pedro's head, you guys seem to have about the same size brains.

Also, if I can be braggy for a second, I want to point out that while the basic shape of the hat is based on a commonly used top-down technique, I designed the colorwork band pattern myself. I have knitted many, many hats for many, many people (I did sixteen of them as gifts 2 Christmases ago) but I think this is my favorite by far.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 05:30:50 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up