Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Secret Santa  (Read 21981 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2009, 05:01:15 pm »

Alright, 8 partici##### now. This is getting to be more like it!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 12:19:19 am »

Friday is when I'm leaving the country for a month so it would probably be impractical for me to join in but I would be all over some mix-disc business, maybe make a point of it with a new year disc theme or something?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 12:27:29 am »

Damn, I was hoping you'd be my secret santa and send me all kinds of wombat stuff.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 01:46:53 pm »

You really think we are a group of the sort of people who would be sorry to get a book?

No, of course not. But to me it smacks a bit of lack of imagination, I mean, imagine getting a package from an enticing faraway land, all getting your imagination aflutter with possibilites, "oh wow, I bet it's a little dancing devil in a cachaça bottle", "no, it's a miniature Air Demonstration Squadron made with live Amazonian dragonflies!", then you open the box and it's the Sao Paulo phone book, 1987 (of course, I'd try to at least find an interesting book, but still...)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 02:14:12 pm »

No, of course not. But to me it smacks a bit of lack of imagination, I mean, imagine getting a package from an enticing faraway land, all getting your imagination aflutter with possibilites, "oh wow, I bet it's a little dancing devil in a cachaça bottle", "no, it's a miniature Air Demonstration Squadron made with live Amazonian dragonflies!", then you open the box and it's the Sao Paulo phone book, 1987 (of course, I'd try to at least find an interesting book, but still...)

Based on that imaginative post alone, I highly doubt you'd send a book that smacks of lack of imagination.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 02:17:05 pm »

You really think we are a group of the sort of people who would be sorry to get a book?

Amazon Prime does make this quite tempting.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2009, 07:22:21 pm »

Alright, expect your PMs with your gift recipient's info at some point today!
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2009, 08:49:00 pm »

PMs have been sent to all and sundry, let me know if you have any questions!
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2009, 09:02:56 pm »

Awesome!!! I can't wait!!!

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 03:51:28 am »

Being sick as ten-barrels-of-fuck caused me to forget about This Thing.

My apologies for forgetting about This Thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2009, 07:06:16 pm »

Today I contacted a person about arranging for my recipient to receive some things. If you know what I mean.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2009, 07:37:48 pm »

ugh.  i have to do research to figure out what to gift my person.....

(is it douche-y to complain?  too bad.)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2009, 08:46:47 pm »

Oh, I am complaining. I am sure there is no way I can think of something interesting enough to give this person.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2009, 11:45:01 pm »

Oh, I am complaining. I am sure there is no way I can think of something interesting enough to give this person.

Me too. I gotta think up something creative. Ow, my brain.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Santa
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2009, 06:47:57 pm »

Cort and Ash are On Top Of It.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up