Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Ya  (Read 4638 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« on: December 06, 2003, 12:20:58 am »

Damn this song. When will it release me from its clutches?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 04:41:50 am »

I fiinallly had to go online and find out more about it. It is stuck in my head most of the day.

It may be the Whoomp! There It Is of the year.

Anyone want to hear "Kokomo" or "Don't Worry Be Happy" 100 times a day? that was my 1988.

Carry on.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Hey Ya
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 10:34:34 pm »

Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

I have to say, though, I'm disappointed in "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" as a whole.  They could have made one really great album; instead we got a double album with some good stuff and some mediocrity.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hey Ya
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 04:00:08 am »

Is there a song titled "Hey Ya" or something?

Please note that I do not participate in my culture in any meaningful way.  I choose to participate and experience the culture of Peru c. 1964.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 04:38:28 am »

My housemate is obessed with that song.  Despite my better efforts, he has managed to sneak it into my iTunes directory.  

I have, however, managed to avoid listening to the whole thing in its entirety.  

So far.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 05:13:45 am »

What Jough said.  Only I'm in Bolivia.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 05:15:51 am »

Quote from: "He who believes that e-tailers must hire monkeys to work weekends"
Is there a song titled "Hey Ya" or something?

Please note that I do not participate in my culture in any meaningful way.  I choose to participate and experience the culture of Peru c. 1964.


So you're a big Yma Sumac fan then?

Yeah, there's a song by Outkast with that very title.  It has an exceptionally cheesy keyboard hook that is somehow contagious.  

Carlosdelvaca: if that's the case, which Outkast record would I start with, Aquemini or Stankonia?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Hey Ya
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 02:45:41 pm »

Watch the video for "Hey Ya" here:
http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/Default.aspx?did=1&artist=106811

Limmo, I don't have Aquemini, but I do like Stankonia quite a bit.  Ain't nobody dope as me, I'm just so fresh so clean.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Hey Ya
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 03:35:09 pm »

Wow, I didn't even have to get through a minute of it to understand that I never really need to ever listen to that again.

I can see how it could totally earworm someone, though.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 04:00:09 pm »

God, when the radio started (over)playing that in October I was ready to lay down some pain on the DJs. Plus I can't help but yell, "you don't shake polaroids you moron, that makes them run!"
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 04:20:53 pm »

Oh THAT song.  My kids listen to that. They play the video on Noggin alla time.

I kinda like it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2003, 02:03:32 am »

What's cooler than being cool?  Ice cold!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2003, 02:52:55 am »

Is that directed at me?

If so, then:

ICE ICE BABY.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Hey Ya
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2003, 03:25:57 am »

That is a lyric from the song we're talking about, but sure Aug yo' Ice Co'
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Hey Ya
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2003, 03:51:40 am »

Allow me to lay down the MAD BEATS, August. Now, start freestylin'.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up