Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: He's cool ( 8 December )  (Read 4153 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
He's cool ( 8 December )
« on: December 08, 2003, 05:08:00 am »

Oh, man.  That's embarrassing.  

At least Hell has interesting wallpaper.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 05:22:00 am »

I stayed in a Best Western with that wallpaper.

I found an entire joint under the edge of the bed.  Zoinks!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 11:14:28 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I stayed in a Best Western with that wallpaper.

I found an entire joint under the edge of the bed.  Zoinks!


please tell me you didn't throw it away
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 01:14:09 pm »

I stayed in a Best Western once and it didn't have wallpaper that pretty.  Very flowery for hell.  And tacky as hell.  Perfect.

The only thing I found under my mattress was a dead hooker.

But I didn't throw it away. ;)

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 01:52:03 pm »

heh.

i dunno what the uk equivalent of a best western is... maybe "travelodge"...
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 02:28:52 pm »

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Travelodge.
How is it pronounced is what I always wonder - Travel Odge? Or Trave Lodge?
Would you believe that trying to book two rooms in a Travelodge near Birmingham (that includes about 14 of the fuckers) you cannot find a room a week before you need it. Who the fuck goes to Birmingham anyway? Except for me. Though it was for a gig and a girl. Nothing else would get me to.

Aaaaaanyway...
Nice to see a colour strip on the main page again. And so worthwhile with that wallpaper. Lovely stuff!
And I feel for Ray. I've watched so many friends say and then do that.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 04:09:44 pm »

At first I just thought the strip had lost its vertical-hold before I realized it was supposed to be a cutaway of the hotel. I kind of like my version better.
Logged

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 04:09:54 pm »

Best Westerns got a deal on green and pink paint at some point in history.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 04:34:12 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Who the fuck goes to Birmingham anyway? Except for me.


I would have gone to see the original line-up of Black Sabbath play for the hometown crowd.  Otherwise, I'm right with you.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2003, 05:31:25 pm »

Quote from: "Limmo"
I would have gone to see the original line-up of Black Sabbath play for the hometown crowd.


I heard there was a communication problem on their recent reunion tour.  It seems they are all called Geezer now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2003, 05:36:07 pm »

Rimshot!  Don't forget to tip your waitresses!
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2003, 06:07:30 pm »

5 says he pee'd the ol' thong as well.

Hell is being not cool in front of Robert Johnson.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 07:31:07 pm »

Chiming in on the wallpaper lovefest, here. I have a thirsty, thirsty eye for the Motel Aesthetic.  Really hoping to see more of that lounge, as well.

Did anyone else think today's strip had a Chris Ware feel to it? What with the cutaway and that little r o l l .
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2003, 08:07:14 pm »

The visual detail that gets to me most about this strip is the fact that Ray remains in black and white against the vivid color of the Hell Best Western. Here's this gigantic explosion of green and pink, and then -- whoops! -- Ray is still stark Achewood white. It's an impressively dramatic effect.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
He's cool ( 8 December )
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2003, 08:29:06 pm »

It really reminds me of a computer game I used to play on the Speccy, way back. Something about the way the doors disappear of backwards, and the cutaway. Even down to the way Johnson seems to walk.
But, alas, I remember not what it was.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up