Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos  (Read 14193 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2009, 03:44:51 am »

Snapshot from the middle of Canada, circa 1996:

Sitting in a bar next to a chain-link fence dance floor/cage.  Observing and making 90'-esque cynical comments about the people I see dancing.  The guy I just started dating has shown up, and I am there with a bunch of my friends who he doesn't know.  This unfortunately means I have to spend more time with him than I would like, but at least he's buying my teenage-self hard cider-based beverages.  It is already clear that our relationship is not working out.  A Marilyn Manson song is playing and I quip to my best friend that "all those kids hate their parents"  which she drunkenly finds hilarious, and makes me repeat over an over again as no one heard it over the drone of the music.  I repeat my joke to each person in my world weary 18 year old way, one person at a time. The song changes to the aforementioned Odds tune.  My then-boyfriend tells me this is a song about how he feels right now.  I am unclear as to if this is a reference to him wanting to fuck me or me and all my friends.  Everything feels awkward and there is nothing more to say.  Needless to say, he never gets any real action of me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2009, 04:46:24 am »

Average homeboy is so very 80s. Poor guy.

There was a whole lot of stuff going on in that Trucker's Delight video.

That TISM clip reminded me of 'Everybody has had more sex than me' which is one of my favourite videos. That is one sexually frustrated bunny.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2009, 06:58:28 am »

Quote
which she drunkenly finds hilarious, and makes me repeat over an over again as no one heard it over the drone of the music.

Once when I was with a guy who had a digital recorder for interviewing bands (this was a radio station related thing), I made an offhand sarcastic comment.
"oh wow, they're ending their set with a noise jam. i haven't seen a band do this all week. (at the College Music Journal "music marathon")"
He then pulled out the recorder, turned it on, set up the mic and everything, described into the mic that we were in NYC, we were seeing (whatever band), we were in this venue, it was this time of day, this was such and such guy speaking, and our music director just said: and put the mic in my face.

And then I had to pretend, and make the comment into the mic, and he seemed surprised that it didn't sound as funny out of context. so then I kept talking, explaining, oh, we have seen a lot of bands that have done this, it is not really interesting to me, some of these bands are not even bands where it makes sense for them to do this...
it was really bizarre.

and then we interviewed the Vivian Girls, and it was awesome. I love them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up