Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos  (Read 14195 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 04:37:53 pm »

Everyone's probably seen this already, but nonetheless, props for Daft Punk's "Around the World."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 05:18:19 pm »

Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 05:42:02 pm »

being a trucker is sort of like being home-schooled.  the lack of socializing on a daily basis turns one into (even more of) a friggin weirdo.

I'd take offense to the latter part of this statement, but I realized I'd be protesting on a forum about cartoon cats.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 06:31:45 pm »

Average Homeboy
He still does performances. We've considered booking him for an alumni event, but only if he brings that ass raping sweater collection.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 07:33:25 pm »

 Plus that song about his hamster. 

Link please.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 07:38:38 pm »

Old news, but this video still gives me chills every time I see it.

And this is one that nobody seems to like but me. Don't know what it is, but it may be my favorite ever.

On the topic of Talking Heads, the performance of "This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)" from Stop Making Sense is a true thing of beauty. Looks like all traces of it have been washed from the 'tube, but if you haven't already seen that film you've got bigger issues to tackle than that.

And hey, why pass up an opportunity for shameless self-promotion? This is a video that my band made before we started scoring silent films exclusively. It was shot on a budget of about $20 (we were able to borrow some people and equipment which helped it look like more), but I think it turned out pretty OK.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 08:07:21 pm »

Man I love that video. In that same vein (8-bit-style pixel art) here is The Flairs with Trucker's Delight (NSFW).

That's quite disturbing.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 08:21:44 pm »

Spirit in the Sky - Doctor and the Medics The contrast between how scared I was of this video as a kid, and how funny I find it now is drastic.

What did you find scary about that?

Also, your sick puppies link is going to the Badly Drawn Boy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 08:33:51 pm »

Average Homeboy
He still does performances. We've considered booking him for an alumni event, but only if he brings that ass raping sweater collection.

Good lord.  That is golden.  The pelvic thrusts are so, so, so, unnecessary. 

Reminds me of Everyday Normal Guy - Jon La Joie only, you know... not intentionally funny, which is kind of better.  In fact, I'm pretty sure La Joie is ripping Average Homeboy's style off here and here.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 08:42:18 pm »

What did you find scary about that?

Also, your sick puppies link is going to the Badly Drawn Boy.

Fixed the link - thanks for catching that.

I found the lead singer and the dancing ladies really ominous.  Especially when the lead singer bulges his eyes out after singing"you gotta have a friend in Jesus."  I sort of thought the ladies were zombies - like they were all swishy and they would catch me and then chew up my brain.  I was eight at the time this song was popular, and going to a really narrow-minded Catholic school, and I suppose the most scary thing for me was that I didn't "get" it.  It existed in that tense catagory of things of the adult world that were incomprehensible to me, but condemned by the likes of my teachers and parents.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 03:06:12 am »

[Where's Your Head At - Basement Jaxx [/url]

i use a clip of this as a ringtone for my parents.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 06:26:00 am »

Link please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_2JON2M1SI

pretty bad live video but all i could find.  Most classic line?  If I buy you a matchbox will you keep it all neat?  It is about getting electricity from his hamster but then he has to feed the hamster?

also, here are two sweet videos/songs.  One I found here, the other I found through that video, so sorry to whoever I am ripping off, but they are both brilliant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMF5A2oMDeE  The Muslims- Extinction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK_WfF6hf2E    Fatlip- What's Up Fatlip?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 10:50:27 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK_WfF6hf2E    Fatlip- What's Up Fatlip?

[[high5]] for the indie rapz!  i heard that song on Tony Hawks American Wasteland, then i stole it from the internet.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 01:48:38 am »

I guess now is a good time to say that the thing at the bottom of your posts is mispelled.  It is kids if you want to piss OFF your parents.

Also, I wish so hard that Busdriver had another good song.  That one and Gun Control are like two of the greatest songs ever, but the rest is meh at best.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Good/amusing/ridiculously shit music videos
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 03:24:23 am »

Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up