Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Janis Joplin biopic  (Read 4543 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 11:25:14 pm »

I'm not saying she isn't pretty as hell. She certainly is. But I dunno. Pretty as hell isn't as interesting to me, sexually, if that's all a girl has going for her. Some quirks for character and a real physical sensuality draw me in a lot more.

I mean, I'm also 6'6 and 300+ pounds, remember. The waif thing always kind of freaked me out on a weird sort of "Lenny in Of Mice and Men" kind of level, you know? It is off-putting to me when I think through the fact that, like, if I were to actually have physical intimacy with that very tiny woman, things Might Not Go Well and maybe that colours my ability to have a fantasy about that kind of girl.

My whole life, the girls I've dated and the girls I've had intense attractions to have mostly been either a little heavier than "standard" or tall (I have a real Thing for tall women) or really strong physically or stuff, I think I've internalized that fear, maybe. Hell, to think of it, the one woman who was waigiraffe in every other way that I've at one point fixated on in my life, even she was plump in the rump and wide in the hips, despite being willowy and skinny and short in all the other ways.

Or, I dunno, maybe I'm just Descending Toward Age, and my value on a Picture Perfect woman is kind of low in relation to women who just kind of exude raw sexuality and seem like they aren't so dainty that they would definitely come with all the insane demands of being dainty. Maybe I look at a Zooey type and realize that actually interacting with Traditionally Super Pretty women is basically a trip down the long stairs to hell and that spending time with a slightly-trashy earth-momma who could drink me under the table like Joplin would be a lot more interesting way to spend that time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 11:31:26 pm »

Until you found her dead in a puddle of foamy vomit anyway.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 11:32:34 pm »

I'm sorry, but Janis was hot naked.
Agreed!

Oh no......the word...it's rising in my chest.....finding its way to my fingers......I hate it but I...just...can't...stop...it.....

TOTAL BUTTERFACE, BRAH ahahahaha!!!!1!!!

[Sorry mom. Sorry Jesus. You must know how very sorry I am....]
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 11:38:37 pm »

Well, yeah.

But at thirty and having lived a good chunk of my life, dealing with someone who might turn up in a puddle of chunky puke, man, that pitfall sounds so much more doable than someone who would ask me to, like, take care of her yappy little dog and I'd have to get fuck*ng pedicures and my eyebrows waxed and stand around at parties full of rich assholes for and have to buy a house that would doom me to work the rest of my life very very hard to keep up with the payments and all that crap...

Just a Crazy Lady who might O.D. or leave me for a biker or a lady biker in the night and set fire to my stuff... that sounds so much more viable than the kind of girl you'd have to be a Kendoll for and live a Supermarket Life for and all that.

I guess there's just types of madness I could abide and types I couldn't.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 01:10:37 am »

Some quirks for character and a real physical sensuality draw me in a lot more...I'm also 6'6 and 300+ pounds, remember...

And an insane-genius-level writer to boot.  Would you marry me? 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 03:08:13 am »

i heard talk a year or two ago that said Pink was gonna play her...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 09:59:27 am »

See, that makes more sense, even though Pink is not my cup of tea.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 09:58:12 pm »

Zooey Deschanel is the prettiest, she is the actress my sister thinks my girlfriend looks like.
but I don't think she really looks like her, they just both have brown hair and blue eyes. no one has ever mistaken zooey deschanel for a riot-grrrl/lesbian.

my girlfriend is somehow both very skinny, and curvy. She has this tiny waist, and then has it going on in the appropriate places. Mmm.
I think she is the most petite of any girl I have dated, but she also has the best rear end. Oh man.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Janis Joplin biopic
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 10:46:52 pm »

its always nice when you can find someone who is a hot piece of brain AND a hot piece of ass.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up