Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday Music  (Read 10727 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 04:22:17 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 04:09:28 am »

Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 04:23:28 am »

No Christmas song is more horrible than that goddamned "Christmas Wrapping" song about the love-lorn hipster chick who is skipping Christmas and... oh Christ, it hurts to even explain the concept.

I love the hell out of Christmas but the one good thing about it being over is not hearing that song again for another 11 months.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 04:33:03 am »

i don't know that song lfm but you just reminded me of this animated patton oswalt rant (did i see this in the youtube thread?)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 04:39:38 am »

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 04:54:08 am »

I still think "Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey" is far worse.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQrdxtWgHbE

Chingedy ching (hee-haw, hee-haw)
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 05:09:37 am »

What the fuckin' fuck LFM? That's about the only Christmas song bar Fairytale of New York I can actually listen to any other time of year and actually enjoy musically.

Concept's a bit hackneyed but the song's basically just like if Blondie had released a Christmas song circa Eat To The Beat, surely not that offensive? Unless you really dislike Blondie type stuff I suppose. Still though I find it hard to understand anyone calling it a monstrosity.

My contribution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe18JcatZo

That little horn melody is imprinted on the mind of every British person, ever

It's a pretty interesting one really, it's a harmless very Christmassy-sounding (despite not being intended as a 'Christmas song') ditty but with fairly dark, longing lyrics expressing the universal longing of soldiers to be with their loved ones.

'Mary Bradley waits at home, in the nuclear fall out zone...'
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 06:23:20 am »

I cannot escape that song. It follows me like a curse.

I don't know what to tell you. The first dozen times I thought it was cute in a bland way.

On listen two million, oh man. Oh man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 12:37:59 pm »

I cannot escape that song. It follows me like a curse.

I don't know what to tell you. The first dozen times I thought it was cute in a bland way.

On listen two million, oh man. Oh man.

Sounds serious. I'll let you off.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 01:56:29 pm »

No Christmas song is more horrible than that goddamned "Christmas Wrapping" song about the love-lorn hipster chick who is skipping Christmas and... oh Christ, it hurts to even explain the concept.

I love the hell out of Christmas but the one good thing about it being over is not hearing that song again for another 11 months.

I find that song catchy and mentioned as one of the few I can stand back on page 1.

I also just realized that I haven't heard the Blink-182 christmas song in like 8 years. This is probably for the best.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 02:28:20 pm »

My contribution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe18JcatZo

That little horn melody is imprinted on the mind of every British person, ever

It's a pretty interesting one really, it's a harmless very Christmassy-sounding (despite not being intended as a 'Christmas song') ditty but with fairly dark, longing lyrics expressing the universal longing of soldiers to be with their loved ones.

'Mary Bradley waits at home, in the nuclear fall out zone...'

Now that is interesting.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 02:35:49 pm »

My contribution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOe18JcatZo

That little horn melody is imprinted on the mind of every British person, ever

It's a pretty interesting one really, it's a harmless very Christmassy-sounding (despite not being intended as a 'Christmas song') ditty but with fairly dark, longing lyrics expressing the universal longing of soldiers to be with their loved ones.

'Mary Bradley waits at home, in the nuclear fall out zone...'

Which, in turn, makes me think of Weird Al's "Christmas at Ground Zero."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGdrMOttV_s
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 05:00:05 pm »

Which, in turn, makes me think of Weird Al's "Christmas at Ground Zero."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGdrMOttV_s

Christmas at Ground Zero rules!!!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 05:09:23 pm »

I really like a couple of British Christmas songs from the 70s that were never really hits here in America and I only started hearing about 10 years ago.

Merry Christmas Everybody

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Holiday Music
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 10:47:35 pm »

I really like a couple of British Christmas songs from the 70s that were never really hits here in America and I only started hearing about 10 years ago.

Merry Christmas Everybody

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

I have heard these many times a day for weeks now and will continue to do so until Christmas Day itself but they're so quintessentially CHRISTMAS that it just becomes part of the atmosphere, part of the December weather, part of the feeling of Christmas. They transcend concepts of music as a piece of noise consisting of a melody, a rhythm and all the associated periphery, they're just part of you for a certain time of the year.

As such, I don't tire of them.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up